• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I did it!!!

Started by bigcatdaddy, May 31, 2008, 11:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcatdaddy

Well, I finally did it.  I just bought a DBS.  I've been thinking about for awhile and finally pulled the trigger.  I've been smoking with a propane smoker for awhile and it needed constant attention and could never get very far from it.  I researched Bradley and jumped on the forums here to see what you guys thought of them.  Well, you all should get a commissions, because you sold me on them.  I broke it in last night and plan on putting some Goose and Duck breast on with a little Venison.  I had a hard time figuring out all the abbrevations stood for(PID,FTC), but I think I figured them out.  It seems like a wealth of knowledge on the site and I'm sure I'll be picking your brains a little.

Just wanted to say howdy.

BCD

pensrock

BCD, welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase. Do not feel shy about asking questions. There are many friendly people here more than willing to help out.

La Quinta

Welcome BCD...ya done good...can't go wrong (well...maybe a little till ya get used to it!!:)) from now on!!!

HCT

Welcome BCD, enjoy your new toy! ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Welcome BCD, sounds like your off to a good start. Keep us posted on all your delectable projects.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bigcatdaddy

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!  Critters are on and smoking away.  Not use to being able to leave it alone.  I think I just might get use to it.   ;D

Consiglieri

Welcome Big Cat Daddy.

I think you're going to be pleased with this machine.  One thing to keep in mind: with the Bradleys, you don't burn the smoke pucks the entire cooking time.  Look forward to reading about your projects and seeing some pictures. 
Consiglieri

westexasmoker

Welcome aboard  BCD!

Your gonna love it!  Lots great people here willing to lend a hand!  Enjoy

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Welcome BCD!  You're gonna love this place. 

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

NePaSmoKer

Welcome BCD

SMOKE ON   ;D  ;D  ;D

nepas

iceman

Congrats on the new toy BCD. Keep us posted on your smokes and have fun.

bigcatdaddy

Ducks and Geese came out GREAT!  I went ahead and threw some Brauts on too and they came out mighty tasty also.  Seemed warmer at the back of the BS, so I'll need to rotate the racks a little.  Other than that I'm very pleased.  Now to move on to some Venison Loins!!!!

pensrock

BCD, most users here rotate the racks, top to bottom and back to front several times during the cooking to help even things out. Some have added small fans inside the tower to help circulate the heat better. The only venison loins I did were made into canadian bacon, they turned out great, but you need to keep the internal temp lower than when doing pork because it is so lean.