• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

my first smoke

Started by jackets320, June 14, 2008, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackets320

did a turkey breast with cajun injection

and 2 racks of ribs using Don' Season All from Don's Specialty Meats in Carencro, Louisiana (this stuff is unbelievable)

set temp @ 200, smoked for 4 hours, took about 3 more hours for the turkey and 2 more hours  heat for the ribs.

all was the best i have every tasted.

bradley gets my vote as number 1!

jackets320

also a question to go with it..how about vegetables?  does any body do baked potatoes or squash, etc?

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum jack

Congrats on your first smoke!  I've done all kinds of veggies in the BS, usually I just hit it with a lite smoke, just to infuse some flavor!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum jackets320!

I have smoked green beans - I give them 1 puck of Hickory and then steam / saute as usual.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Kansan

Welcome J320, glad the first smoke went well.  The forum is a great place to ask questions and share your experiences.  Keep in touch.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

Welcome Jackets!! I've smoked everything from potatos to eggplants...they don't need much smoke...just a wee hint is nice!!

jackets320

la quinta,

did you continue to cook in the bradly? if so, how long and at what temp? did wrap in foil when continuing to cook?

La Quinta

Nah Jackets...just gave them smoke then cooked as "normal". They come out quite tasty with that little bit of smoke...but the smoked potato skins are quite the opposite...you actually bake the potato in the oven (as normal) or...you could bake them in the Bradley (with no smoke yet)...scoop out the flesh...leaving the shells...and smoke the shells...then fill them with whatever you want...I love them...I fill them with cheese, scallions, bacon, put them back in the over to melt the cheese and warm the (pre-cooked bacon...guess I should have been clear on that) ...then top with whatever...sour cream...tomatos...salsa...you name it...

westexasmoker

Gots to try this smoked tater skins....Got a batch of smokey french fries going tonight....Cut into slices or long fries, soak in cold water for at least an hour to remove the starch, smoke for a bit, into the deep fryer till golden, drain on brown paper sack and season....just a nice hint of smoke!

C

Smoking Duck

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you smoked them with mesquite.  Am I right?  ::) ;D ;)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Thats all I have....seems here in west texas I'm banned from buying any other flavor!   ;D  Ok well maybe not, but yep, mesquite wood of the gods! 

C

La Quinta

So...WTS...what's the point of removing the starch?

Smoking Duck

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Oh thats just wrong....where's that blue pill....no remove the starch and you get a crisper, crunchier fry!  And its good for your health!  ;D Only if you'll use mesquite!

C

La Quinta

That's very interesting...thanks for the tip Mesquito Boy...gotta ask my hubby if they do that in England...I like fries crispier then limpy.