Important Announcement Concerning The Download For The Recipe Site & Hab's Fund.

Started by Oldman, July 02, 2008, 04:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Origninally I created a complete Desk-Top download for all of the recipes we had at that time. This download included images. It looked just like the site.

Hab has decided to update that download. He has the program now to do it. He says to me in an E-mail that it looks like it will not be a problem.

I'm tell you all it is a pain in the shorts to do what he will be doing.

Now given that between Hab taking over the recipe site, and now this update of the download I would like to start something more than just a Thank You.

I'm starting a Hab fund. Perhaps he would like to have another smoker or a new fishing rig, or a new shot gun or maybe he would like to take his lady out to a weekend get away.

Susan and I are pledging $100.00 to this fund. If anyone can and would like to contribute to this "Thank-You" please send your check to:
Raye Minor
5010 4th Street South
ST. Petersburg Florida 33705-4919

The amount sent is not important.

Hab... I already know you well enough to know that you will say this is not necessary. We all know it is not a necessity. However, many of us will wish to do this because of who you are and what you have brought and what you will bring to our table.

Let's say that those who can participate that this collective effort will end concerning this matter on Aug 1-2008.

Thank-you!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Wow! I'm absolutely speechless, or writeless (if that is a word). I look at this as a hobby, and have fun doing it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Great idea Olds.  I will get back with you after my wife's surgery.  Hopefully before August 1.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Olds,
Great idea.  I'm in.  Will get the funds in the mail this weekend.  Enjoy the holiday weekend.

P.S. If Habs buys a new smoker, do we get to taste the results? ;) ;) ;) :D

KyNola

Kummok

Habs (and YOU, Olds!) are certainly deserving of rewards for your time/money/etc investments into the Forum "extras". Neither of you would ask, which makes it more fun to gift to you.

I suspect that there are others on the Forum who, like me, have businesses and/or products that could be offered to your fund as gifts. That being said, I'd like to offer an "in kind" donation of hosting you/Susan and Habs/guest* at The Captain's Cabin** here in Homer for that "getaway" you mentioned. It ain't $$, per se, but it's "priceless" to many who stay here (the guests arriving here today came all the way from The Netherlands!). Contact me for details when/if you'd like to consider Homer as your "getaway"!

*Re: "guest".....pick your guest wisely Obi-Wan Habs....there's just one bed, so you might NOT want to bring your best fishing buddy  ;) :o ;D
** See the cabin at: www.CaptainsCabinAlaska.com

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Kummok on July 03, 2008, 10:48:29 AM
Habs (and YOU, Olds!) are certainly deserving of rewards for your time/money/etc investments into the Forum "extras". Neither of you would ask, which makes it more fun to gift to you.

I suspect that there are others on the Forum who, like me, have businesses and/or products that could be offered to your fund as gifts. That being said, I'd like to offer an "in kind" donation of hosting you/Susan and Habs/guest* at The Captain's Cabin** here in Homer for that "getaway" you mentioned. It ain't $$, per se, but it's "priceless" to many who stay here (the guests arriving here today came all the way from The Netherlands!). Contact me for details when/if you'd like to consider Homer as your "getaway"!

*Re: "guest".....pick your guest wisely Obi-Wan Habs....there's just one bed, so you might NOT want to bring your best fishing buddy  ;) :o ;D
** See the cabin at: www.CaptainsCabinAlaska.com

That offer is beyond "priceless".

I'm still a bit overwhelmed, but I just want to say again, that working on the recipe site is interesting and enjoyable for me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

I would be glad to help out with the airfare Hab to get you to Homer. Ann and I would take time out to drive down to see you if you decide to come up for a visit.
Old's an envelope is on the way for the Hab fund. Thanks to both of you. Hab, keep an eye out for a care package buddy.

Oldman

Kummok thanks that is one heck of an offer.  Susan is smiling--I see her brain going in high gear. Our problem is what to do with Mother and the dogs. Especially Skyway. I have a management staff that runs the day by day stuff without me, so I'm not worried about the business.

As a young man I used to dream of going to Alaska to live.  As an old man with very bad / weak arms I could not even hold one of the poles you use to catch salmon, but I sure would enjoy seeing you catch one.

I'm going to see if we can figure out how to get away. How long is your offer for? 2-days? 5-days? Should we pull this off will you have any of that smoked salmon you are famous for on hand?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Yup... I'm in!

I threw it in the mail today Raye. I can't even estimate the amount of information I have gleaned from the recipe site and the forum. Certainly, this knowledge would not be possible if it wasn't for the likes of you and Habs. I'm happy to throw in a contribution for this.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

Mr Walleye I knew that you and Iceman I could count on. Thank-you! I know of others who will also get involved. I know that there are members here that would if they could. It is not important if one cannot.  We are the best of the on-line commuities I've ever been involved with. And I go back many years on line.
Olds

KyNola

Olds,
Being a banker and at one time in the banking industry as a full time collector I have heard this a million times but the check really is in the mail.

Thanks for doing this,

KyNola

Oldman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on July 04, 2008, 02:00:49 PM
I would be glad to help out with the airfare Hab to get you to Homer. Ann and I would take time out to drive down to see you if you decide to come up for a visit.
Old's an envelope is on the way for the Hab fund. Thanks to both of you. Hab, keep an eye out for a care package buddy.

Pat;
Thanks for such a generous offer. I'm in the middle of helping out with a small family reunion. When that is over and I can breath regularly again, I'll send you and Kummok an email.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

My work on the recipe site is part of my way of giving back, because I also learned a lot from this forum. In these days I know it is hard to make ends meet, the only reward needed is an occasional thank you and overlooking my moments of abruptness (generally early mornings before having enough coffee)::)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Kummok

Habs/Olds
PM me for cell ph # or email exchanges for details of cabin visit, best time of season to visit, stuff to do in Homer, etc. Just remember, we own the place so we'll make it work for you! And yes, there will be smoked salmon, several different kinds of salmon and halibut dinners, perhaps even the ptarmigan meal that has become famous around here (depending upon when you come v.s. any ptarmigan being left...it is only "harvested*" Feb- March and goes pretty fast :-[   ;) )

*"harvested" is PC for "hunted down and killed unmercifully with a .22 cal shot through the head, then skin/feathers ripped off and breast meat taken out with a sharp knife". Didn't want to use a non-PC term on the chance that this old logger's kid, hunting/fishing cowboy Alaskan might offend someone....... :o