Jim Beam BBQ Sauce

Started by Stargazer, July 12, 2008, 04:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

I didnt know if this was posted before or if this is the right area to post this.

Im a pretty big fan of Jim Beam bbq sauce. Living in Kentucky all my life Im kind of partial to a Kentucky bourbon sauce over anything else.

I found this recipe on line awhile back and it comes out tasting just like JB bbq sauce. Whats nice making it is you can thicken it up some or add alittle more of your favorite spice while heating it.

For anyone intrested...

INGREDIENTS

Six cups of canned, crushed tomatoes
    One-half cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
    One-half cup tomato paste
    One-third cup white vinegar
    One-third cup brown sugar
    One-quarter cup molasses
    One medium white onion, minced
    One large clove garlic, minced
    Two tablespoons lemon juice
    Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    One tablespoon mild chili powder
    One tablespoon paprika
    Two teaspoons of Red Tabasco sauce
    Two teaspoons ground white pepper
    One and one-half teaspoons celery salt
    One teaspoon dry mustard powder
    One-half teaspoon ground black pepper
    One-quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper

Add all of the ingredients to a large saucepan or stockpot, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and gently boil the sauce, uncovered, until it thickens, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning. After about thirty minutes or so, the sauce will have thickened and will start splattering out of the pan and onto the stovetop.

At this point, if you prefer barbecue sauce with a thinner consistency, pull it off the heat. Otherwise, drop the heat to low and stir constantly for a couple minutes more for a really thick sauce. Let your Jim Beam BBQ sauce cool and refrigerate it overnight. This sauce tastes best one or two days after it's made. 

Excellent on ribs chicken or pulled pork.

Enjoy
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

HCT

Thanks stargazer, I'm always looking for different home made bbq sauces. It's like searching for the perfect pizza. :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

That's great Stargazer!

Now I can leave out the ingredients I am allergic to.

I'll be making up a batch of this soon.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Stargazer

This recipe is "supposed" to be from the inventor of the actual JB sauce. How true that is I don't know and wouldn't bet the farm on that one. But it really tastes the same which is good enough for me being its a good sauce and not always easy to find.

FLBentRider, I hear you about being allergic to some things. I use to have a bad allergic reaction but I dumped my ex and cured that ailment right up.
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com