Smoked Mac and Cheese??????

Started by MWS, August 17, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried a smoked mac and cheese? I know it sounds weird, but thought I'd ask before I tried it and ruined dinner.  :D
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

westexasmoker

Smoked mac and cheese is most excellent....I'm waiting for winter time so I can smoke some more cheese!  Give it a whirl, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

MWS

I'm wondering about putting the whole pan of mac & cheese in the smoker. Not just using smoked cheese. Specifically the Aunt Maymes Mac & Cheese from smoke and spice. The more I think about it, the more I think it aint a good idea. Or is it...........Hmmmmm
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Consiglieri

I was thinking smoked chees, not smoked noodles and cheese.  But if Smoke and Spice sez Okay, maybe it's okay.

Let us know how it turns out.  (Maybe a nutbrown ale with the mac/cheese?)
Consiglieri

FLBentRider

What have you got to lose ? I'd put it in there with a couple of pucks and taste what happens...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

I think it would be good too!! Go for it MWS. Or just try a little for a short time and see what ya think?

westexasmoker

I did a squash casserole last night in the smoker and it turned out very nice!  The kids even liked it!  ;D

C

La Quinta

That looks delicious WTS!! Care to post the recipe???   :)

westexasmoker

Hey LQ, this came from the SS book, but I forgot the hominey..well truth be known most of the receipe's I try to follow I don't have whats needed!  But this one was pretty simple and good!

1 med onion diced
2 cloves garlic (I know that will float yer boat)
6 -8 yellow squash, and green squash, cubed up (I would say zuccinha,,but can't spell it)! pretty good size.
medium can of pickled jalapeno nacho slices
All into the pan with some oil
Into a sautee pan with either veg oil or olive oil, add a bit of salt, pepper, cumin, chilli powder until nice and soft.....Off to a foil loaf pan, layer of this good stuff then some crushed doritos a couple of dolloops of cream cheese, a bit of mozz, a bit of provolone and a bit of swiss and topped with chedder....and then do it again, another layer!  No hard fast way to do this, throw in what spices ya like....And then into your smoker, until it gets nice warm and bubbley(sp) about 1.5 hours maybe 2...But ya gotta use mesquite!  ;D  Unless ya have some other wood laying around! Can't imagine that!

C

La Quinta

Yummo!!! Sounds awesome...gotta try it!!  :)

chrispy

WTS,

That sounds great!!  I'll have to give that one a go....

Chrispy