• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sodak - Thanks for the Raspberry Chipotle Bacon Dip recipe

Started by Habanero Smoker, July 12, 2008, 03:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Hi sodak;

Thanks for the recipe. When it is posted I will send you a link. Does the whole bottle of Raspberry Chipotle Dressing go into the recipe, and what size is the bottle.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

Man that sounds great. I'll be watching for it to get posted. Right now I'm making some raspberry, chipolte sauce for a picnic I'm headed to, they will be serving a bbq'd pig and this sauce goes great with pork.

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

West Coast Kansan

looking forward to this one.  Should be a nice cleaning sauce with pork... thanks

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

sodak

Hey!

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you all.  I'm away from my computer most of the weekend either doing work in the wood shop or camping or fishing or whatever.

Any how, no, don't use the full bottle of Raspberry Chipolte dressing (Sam's Club is where this one came from) - just use enough to cover the cream cheese for flavor.  Mine was done in a cake pan with about an 1/8 of an inch of dressing spread over the top of the cheese.

I gotta tell you - this stuff is good!

Habanero Smoker

Thanks I'll get that done sometime this evening. Thanks for the recipe. I have to go to Sam's tomorrow so I put that on my shopping list.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Oldman

sodak, recieved your E-mail today concerning the same. Thank you for your attention concerning this matter.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Sodak;

I tried to PM you but that functions seems to be down at this momemt. Your recipe has been posted. Here is the link.

Raspberry Chipotle Bacon Dip

If there are any errors, or if any part is not understandable, let me know.

Thanks again

I
         don't
                   inhale.

sodak

Got three or four PMs on my e-mail this morning.  So, it appears to be working on this end.  Thanks for posting the recipe and all that you're doing.

pensrock

Anyone know where to get the 'Raspberry Chipotle Dressing'? Or which company makes it? I have looked at three stores and still cannot find any, all I find is raspberry vinaigrette.
TIA
pens

Habanero Smoker

I use to see it all the time, but lately I cannot find it.

I know this won't help you, but a grocery chain named Price Chopper usually carries it under its store brand "Central Market". I'm going there tomorrow to see if they still have it.

I had a recipe for Raspberry Chipotle I had posted on this site but couldn't find it. I'll continue to look and check my hard drive again. I believe Smoke House Rob also posted something similar.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pensrock

I make a raspberry chipotle bbq sauce but I'm sure that is not what it calls for. It's not a vinaigrette dressing right? I picture something like a thinned down jelly mixture. Sweet, smokey and a little spice.

Habanero Smoker

Mine was a thiner sauce, used more for marinading, as it the one sold or used to be sold at Price Chopper.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

If found the recipe. It's an Emeril recipe that I modified. I am hoping that I will find a store brand - feeling a little lazy today.

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup small diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
(1) 16 oz Seedless Raspberry preserves or jam
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sugar, to taste

In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized.

Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chipotle chiles and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Add vinegar, stir and deglaze the pan (make sure your vent is on).

Add the raspberries preserves and continue to cook until preserves have dissolved.

Bring to a boil; the reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened to the consistency you want (if using as a marinade I do not reduce it).

Taste and add sugar if it is too tart.

If you want a smoother sauce after puree the onions, garlic and chiles after they have been sautéed. Add 1 – 2 table spoons of vinegar, if the puree needs it. Use the rest of the vinegar to deglaze the pan. Or instead of fresh ingredients use about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic (if using powder reduce in half), and 1 - 2 teaspoons of onion powder; and 1 - 2 teaspoons of chipotle powder.

My notes suggests it can also be used by pouring over a block of cream cheese.

Here's Emeril's original recipe:

Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup small diced onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
2 pints fresh raspberries, rinsed (I would guess frozen will also work)
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation:

Preparation:
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized, 4 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add the chipotle chiles and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Add the raspberries and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan. Add the sugar and salt, and bring to a boil.

Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened and reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool before using.

For a clear glaze, strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.

PS
I forgot to include that I've never made this recipe with dry ingredients. The dry ingredients are based o standard substituion for onion, garlic and chipotle.

I
         don't
                   inhale.