My Latest Project.........

Started by Mr Walleye, July 16, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

That's awesome...

You need a giant knife switch on it - just for show.

Something like this.   :D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 27, 2010, 11:37:04 AM

That's awesome...

You need a giant knife switch on it - just for show.

Something like this.   :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Throw the switch.... and all the city lights dim while it comes up to temp.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Wow, Mike, does the term Tim Allen mean anything to you ???

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 28, 2010, 10:16:16 AM
Wow, Mike, does the term Tim Allen mean anything to you ???

Ya gotta play!  ::)

Great to see ya kickin' around the forum again WCK.

Mike

West Coast Kansan

should be around on weekends at least now.  travel has been crazy the last several months.  Only problem is the forum has grown so much there is 11 pages of new stuff in one week... Good to ping you too.  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

There was a few requests for my wiring schematics so here they are. Any questions just ask because my drawing skills are not the greatest.

Mike

PS
I meant to add that the SYL-1512A is setup as a high limit controller in this situation. The "outy" setting is set to "5" (limit control mode).

classicrockgriller

Mr Walleye

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 02, 2010, 04:29:34 PM
Now I have a headache.

You think you have one!  ::)

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

justwandr

Lots of good information here. Lets hope I can do half of the stuff you did.

Mr Walleye

justwandr

You won't have any problem. Just take your time and check everthing you do.

Hell... If I can do it anybody can.

Mike

classicrockgriller

Mike I have gone over this several times and especially the last couple of pages after you had switched to 220*

I was a little confused about how you installed the element, but one of the pics kinda shows an "Area" for the wiring of the

element. If you have a good pic of this area, I would appreciate it.

Also can you give me a link to the Element That you used.

Sailor

I am very impressed with this "Proofer" smoker.  I think this is something that I want to try my hand at as well.  I have found a few used Proofers that I can pick up for around $150.  Anyone know if this is reasonable?  I would think free would be much better but I don't think they will go that low.  Any idea what the cost would be to covert the proofer to a smoker with the SG, PID, controls, high limit switch etc?

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

classicrockgriller

Sailor, some proofers are non insulated. If it is insulated, then $150 is very reasonable and yes "Free" is better. ;D

The pid is probably gonna be $200, element $30, plus this and that. So somewhere around $300.

But Mike can tell you better as he has done it and mine is in the planning stage.

Mr Walleye

CRG

I will have a look and see if I can post a picture of it.

Sailor

$150 for an insulated proofer in reasonable condition would be a great deal in my opinion. I did get this one for free but it had been sitting outside and I had to remove all the exterior panels and re-insulate because it had got wet.

The total cost is a tough call but if it helps, the other one I just built for a friend... I spent $1000 on everything which also included 4 - 120 boxes of pucks. You have to remember that I'm in Canada and most of the parts had to come from the US so this also includes international shipping, currency exchange and the dreaded brokers fees.

Mike