Problem With new smoker "E"

Started by craigson2, August 30, 2008, 10:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigson2

Hello all this is my first time on this site pretty cool cant wait to try some of the recipes you all have put on here. I have the Bradley Digital smoker and keep getting an error it flashes E on the smoker it heats up just fine but the smoke wont start it just empties the holder of all pucks I can get it to work if I turn it on and of ten or twelve times and thirty or so minutes of frustration I have cleaned out the unit still no help
Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Brian

deb415611

Craigson2,

Welcome!

Try looking at the FAQs  on the recipe site -- go down to the digital smoker section.  There is a faq or two on error messages.  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481     Lots of other great info there also.

If that doesn't help someone I imagine someone that has the digital smoker will pop in and help you out.

Deb

craigson2

Deb,

That did help Tey have info on an E message so I will try it out

Thanks,

Brian

Consiglieri

Brian:  E error message deals with the connection between the box thermometer and the digital box.  Could be an incomplete "plug in" on the cable; could be a broken connection.  Good luck. 
Consiglieri

Mr Walleye

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum.

Is the error message "E1" or is it "E"?

Usually the E1 message is the small cord (temp wire) between the generator and the tower. If I understand your problem correctly, your main heater in the tower is working ok (does it turn red hot?), and when you fill the tube on the generator with pucks it just keeps feeding them one after another. Is this correct?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

craigson2

Yes that is correct it just keeps pushing out until empty and the heater is red hotr

Mr Walleye

Brian

Unfortunately it would appear there is a problem with the digital controls in the generator. The only other thing it could be is the momentary advance button being stuck in the closed position. This does happen sometimes on the OBS but I have never heard of it happening on the DBS because of the different type of switch they have.

My thought is to call Bradley and have them send you a new generator out to you. I'm assuming it's new and still has warranty. They are usually very good to deal with and are quick to make things right.

Keep us posted.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes