car speakers need some advice...

Started by Oldman, August 12, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Ok all I got a problem.

I need to find some very high quality speakers for the front of my Midget. In the doors there is only one area we can install any. The problem is the area I have to work with is only 2" w x 1" tall x 2" deep.

I'm looking for some really high-tech speakers.  The rear speakers and the center speaker are not a problem.

Any suggestion would be great!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

KyNola

Olds,
Just a very strange thought for a very small space but my suggestion is one of my favorite companies, Bose makes some of the smallest yet great sounding speakers for home use.  That's the first place I would look.  Yes, I know you said for your beautiful MG Midget that I am so envious of rather than your home but you said high tech.  Back in the day, I used to install home speakers in my ride right up until the wreck and the worst injury I had was from a real nice walnut speaker cabinet hitting me in the back of the head. :o  Knew I should have anchored them better. :D

Have a whole house controller being installed in my house but that's a whole other story.  If interested, the website for what I'm having installed is www.control4.com 

KyNola 

aces-n-eights

Wow, that's a small space!  I've had good luck with Crutchfield.  I think their customer service is very good and they may be able to suggest custom speakers for your Midget.

Here's a link:  http://www.crutchfield.com/m_399/Car-Speakers.html?tp=12

Good luck!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8