Cleaning/maintanence question

Started by Memquisit, August 26, 2008, 09:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

I doubt if you need to do anything unless it has dust in it.  You could do a light wet wipe.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

bigcatdaddy

I cleaned my Smoke Generator Box today.  First time since I had it.  It was pretty hairy in there, but it's all good now.  Probably need to do this about every 4 months or so.

BCD

NePaSmoKer

Just clean the racks, lower pan, water pan and v-tray with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. Leave the inside of the smoker coated. If it starts to flake just brush it off. The smokier and crusty the inside the better it smokes.

nepas

twl

A trick I learned that makes cleaning the hinge side seal, seal surface, door edge and frame is to remove the "c" clip from the top hinge pin and leave it off. This enables the door to be removes by simply lifting off. Reinstallation is simp :)le too. Just insert the bottom hinge pin and then the top. Job done!
twl :)
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

lumpy

My smoker was over 1 year old...........used it lots of times......until I cleaned it.
I took the casing off the smoker generator and gave it a good cleaning. It really needed it. When I was done, it was as good as new.

Lumpy

Anongicy73

Once I mix up a batch of  vinegar and water 3 to 1, how long can I use that batch before I should mix another? Also whats the strongest  of acidity that I can get in vinegar?
Bruce

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Anongicy73 on November 01, 2009, 12:20:57 AM
Once I mix up a batch of  vinegar and water 3 to 1, how long can I use that batch before I should mix another? Also whats the strongest  of acidity that I can get in vinegar?
Bruce

For the home user the strongest commercial vinegar I've seen (either white or cider) has been diluted to 5% acidity. So if they dilute it down to 5%, there must be vinegars with higher acidity. Your mixture should last indefinitely, is just a version of diluted vinegar.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)