Annual Labor day Smoke Out

Started by car54, August 29, 2008, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

It is my grandson's birthday on Labor Day. I will be making about  25 lbs of ribs and 20 lbs of pulled pork for his party and making a key lime cheese cake. He will be getting a motocross motor cycle as a present. He will be 13 years old. The other day I put a bandage on his leg and noticed all his leg hair. Wow!!! Has he grown in 1 year!!!!

Brad

Mr Walleye

Brad

Ya, they really do grow up fast. Sounds like a great party. He'll have a blast. I grew up on motocross bikes and had a great time doing it.

Have fun!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Looks like your grandson is in for a great day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

Sounds like a winner project.  Please post pics of the fun and the food. 
Consiglieri

FLBentRider

Sounds like a grrrrrrrreat day in the making.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bigcatdaddy

Tell him HAPPY B-DAY from us here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCD

La Quinta

Geez...that reminds me...I need to shave!!!  :D Just funnin' (a bit) Car...tell your grandson Happy Birthday!!  :) Sounds like he has a great grand-dad!!

car54

Well, it went down good. The Bradley with a PID ran faultlessly for over 28 hours. I finished the pork butt in the oven so that I could get the ribs in. It was a very full 2 days of work.

1 of 2 feature pulled pork

Pulled Pork

1 of 3 ribs waiting to be reheated

Corky's cole slaw

Corn on the cob

Grandson Taylor AKA "TJ" with a 2 month old boy

Taylor and friends

Taylor wearing his birthday cake (bad focus)

key lime cheese cake

I did this all by myself . It was a busy 2 days. I love my grandson. He has suffered many turmoils in his 13 years. I see his spirit and I approve of it,  I try to direct his life to bring out the best of him.

This summer I was able to spend 2 months with him due to my surgery and  when I was going back to work my wife had a work place accident and she was able to spend 3 weeks with him. Every thing has turned out good for my wife and my self and I know that this time that we spent with him was good.

I bought one of my daughters a Bradley smoker and built a PID. She and her husband are enjoying it.

My wife said that I put on a good party and I am thankful of that statement

Wildcat

Good food and a great story.  I am sure he will always cherish what you guys are doing for him.  ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Most excelent car!  Gotta love Kiddos,... and then we get those little monkeys!...got a grandbaby (number 4) on the way  in 3 weeks, I always figured god would pull a joke on us...Surprise she's pregnant, great ...Hello I'm 50 its not time to start again!!,...but kinda like them grandkids!!  Dang it sucks getti'n old, but then again I would'nt trade it for the world!  Congrats!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Oldman

Good lookin' young man you got there....

Does he fish?
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

Carman...I think you got a great thing going with your lovely family...keep showing us pics...nice looking kids and grandys!! Oh yeah...the food looked good too!!!  :)

Habanero Smoker

Great story. I'm glad the day turned out well for you and your family. I'm sure that one picture was out of focus because you were laughing too hard while taking it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

It's great to see everything went so well. Your grandson is blessed.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

West Coast Kansan

45 lbs of meat per 1 pie is a good ratio  ;D I remember reading past posts and am glad your close by and my heart is with you all...except the part about jumping off the roof  :o  quality time at 13 years is good timing.  Happy Birthday to the young man. :D He looks to be doing great! 8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)