• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pulled pork / brisket question

Started by NEGGS1, August 30, 2008, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEGGS1

hello all, i hope that everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend!!!

i have smoked pulled pork, and i have smoked a brisket, thanks to the members both came out great.

i want to do a brisket and a pork shoulder at the same time, my question would be, will they both take around the same time?

i was thinking about doing 6-7 lbs of each, if one is going to take longer i would buy that one a little smaller than the other, i will be FTC ing so i figure that i could have a 2 hour window of the 2 pieces of meat finishing.

any help and advice will be appreciated

thanks much in advance

neggs1

Gizmo

It is really hard to nail this one as there are so many factors to when meat will finish.  The best advice is to start early and allow FTC (Foil Towl Cooler) be your friend and buffer for serving at the same time.  Typically, I spend more hours on butts than briskets.  But I don't think I have ever had a consitent time on any of them due to all the variations.  Butts (IMHO) are quite a bit more forgiving in terms of "over cooking" or in a better description, cooking longer than is necessary.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

I'm with Gizmo. I've FTC'd up to 7 hours in a "five day" cooler, and it was still too hot to pull.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!