Boneless Beef Ribs

Started by westexasmoker, September 07, 2008, 11:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caustic casey

OHHH BABY!!!
Another project coming up!

La Quinta

Ok fishman...so we still don't know...really what the cut is?...only mesquite boy can tell us...makes me nervous...call me a nut.... :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on September 10, 2008, 07:29:38 PM
Ok fishman...so we still don't know...really what the cut is?...only mesquite boy can tell us...makes me nervous...call me a nut.... :)

Aint you just gonna shiit if it is rocky mountain oyster meat there NUT!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 11, 2008, 06:11:33 AM

You nut!  ;D  I don't have a definitive answer for ya LQ, they look to me like chuck?

10.5, I like your idea  :o  Some deep fried smoked calf fries sounds pretty good, gonna have to hit the market and see if I can find some!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: westexasmoker on September 11, 2008, 06:53:32 AM

You nut!  ;D  I don't have a definitive answer for ya LQ, they look to me like chuck?

10.5, I like your idea  :o  Some deep fried smoked calf fries sounds pretty good, gonna have to hit the market and see if I can find some!

C

Try rolling them in an egg wash then in crushed saltine crackers then pan fried in butter. Just like you would a fresh morell.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

I like the whole sounds of that 10.5, but finding calf fries is kinda a hit and miss thing.  The one thing I have learned when making these is don't tell what they are until after dinner and everybody says..Yum and then still don't tell!  Next time I can get some, I'll do some pics with them (LQ will be very impressed!)

Got to try everything at least once!  And mesquite is gonna help!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on September 11, 2008, 10:09:40 PM
This is whacked... :D

You just don't know what your missing. WTS is right the you don't tell nobody what they eatting unless you wanna see em turn green. Especially the women folk they really turn green. Most guys just go Hmm that was good but I aint eatting any more now that I know what it is.

Oldman

They look like beef Sizzlers steaks to me.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Around here they call them prairie oysters. I gotta agree the first time I ate them I was a little squeamish to say the least. Apparently I just needed a little "liquid courage"! (Tequila)  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes