Rinnai hot water heater and gas stove/oven savings

Started by Oldman, September 05, 2008, 12:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Last year we changed over to propane for our hot water heat and kitchen stove/oven. For the past 9 months our propane bill has averaged $35.00 per month. We dropped our power bill by over $140.00! That is a net savings of $105.00. The converstion with the heater cost me around $1,800.00. The oven we had to be replaced anyway so I'm not counting its cost into the factor.

I think we have had gas now for 15 months, so we are only a couple of month from breaking even.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

I miss having propane for water and stove.  Do not miss the propane furnace though.  Dries out the air too much for me.  It is surely more cost effective than electric, but one must observe safety.  They can be dangerous without proper precautions and use.  I will probably convert my place when the budget allows.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I have a duel fuel stove; propane top burners and electric oven. I kind of miss the propane oven, especially now if I can save some money. :'(

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kummok

Wish I could say the same up here, Olds. Price of propane is so danged high that my Rinnai On Demand WH is still sitting in the packing crate. Current price is: $4.13/gal v.s. $.13905/KwH for the electric tank on a timer. Right now and until/IF we get natural gas down here at a reasonable price (Go Sarah Palin, the Arctic Fox!!), I save $$ with electrical. Wish it twern't so  :-\

NePaSmoKer

We just pre paid $900 for propane for the winter. The only thing that runs on propane is the heat. We do have a fireplace which is going to be turned into a pellet burner next year. Our hot water heater is being replaced with a tankless HW heater next spring. WHEW and our house is only 4 years old.

With all the electric appliances, spa and pool pump our elec is only $78 and some change a month. PA is supposed to uncap utilities in 2009 and it could go up 17%.................The hard working american will never get ahead.

nepas

Oldman

Our powere company here is asking for a 31% (overall) increase.
It is crazy!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

Lets see...our power bill was $450 last month...gas was $11. It does turn around in the winter tho...pool/casita/waterfall for power never get below $150 (even in the winter). Sometimes it really sucks living in a desert!  :) We never run the heat in winter...just the fireplace (gas). Highest bill was about $40 bucks...winter is GOOD!!!! :) BRING IT ON!!!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on September 07, 2008, 07:18:36 PM
Lets see...our power bill was $450 last month...gas was $11. It does turn around in the winter tho...pool/casita/waterfall for power never get below $150 (even in the winter). Sometimes it really sucks living in a desert!  :) We never run the heat in winter...just the fireplace (gas). Highest bill was about $40 bucks...winter is GOOD!!!! :) BRING IT ON!!!!!

LQ

Sometimes it really sucks living in a desert!   LOL

Now you know why i got out.  ;D

nepas

La Quinta

Yeah NePa...but...winter is good....how is your winter!!!  ;D