Bradley Smoker

Started by moose24, September 24, 2008, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose24

We have used the smoker three times and this has happened everytime.  At first we thought it was not level but checked and it is level.  Just wanted to check if anyone else had this problem or if there is something wrong with our Bradley Smoker.   Oh and thank you all for the excellent recipes for pork butts and briskett.  They came out great, maybe a little over cooked but that was us trying to get used to the smoker.  Thanks again.

begolf25

Hey Moose,

Welcome to the forum. Make sure that your V-Shaped Drip Try is facing down and not up. If this is upside down it will cause the grease to run out of the smoker and can be a fire hazard if it gets on the heating element.

Bryan

Mr Walleye

Hi Moose and welcome to the forum.

In addition to the advice Bryan gave you, you may want to pay attention to your vent management. If you run your vent closed down to much you can build up condensation on the interior walls. This mixes with the seasoning from the smoke and will run down the walls and out the door of the smoker. It will appear to be greasy. Usually if you look at the inside of the door you can see signs of it. Here is a link to the FAQ section on vent management:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=780&postcount=22

Also, if you haven't already found it, you can click on the smoker in the bottom of my post to get to the recipe site. Tons of time tested Bradley recipes from the fine folks of the forum.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Moose,
Bryan and Mike have got you covered.  Both of their suggestions are dead on.  If it proves to be either or both of what they suggest, don't sweat it, you aren't the first to have it happen to you.  I speak from personal experience when it comes to that vent thing! :) 

Keep Smokin'!
   KyNola

Gizmo

Hi moose,
The others have you covered on the grease issue and I just wanted to say welcome.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum moose24!

Let's see - V-tray - vent - they have you covered.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Hey Moose...Welcome!! Guys got ya covered.  :)

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes