What are you doing for Christmas?

Started by Oldman, December 17, 2004, 05:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
If you want to know how to make this simple sauce to cover your next wings you got to ask nicely.... shoot I already gave you folks the Raw Apple Cake. [^][^][^]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Olds,
I think you are just pullin' our legs.  There is no recipe for these kind of wings.  I can't believe you tease us with this kind of stuff.

O.K. O.K. It works with the kids...

P.S.  MW... Nothing like some smoked chicken salad[:p][:p]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

Ok now don't laugh or think this is not going be the best hot sauce you have ever had on wings.

I take 6 to 10 large bottles of a  Louisiana style hot pepper sauce. (I use the brand "Crystal".) Place them into a double boiler and render them down by 25-30%.

After I deep fry my wings (NO BREADING ON THEM) I lightly salt them with a seasoned salt. Next I cover cover them with the sauce, then toss them in a bowl to make sure I got coverage and then shoot them into the Microwave for 20 seconds. This will help further the thicking of the sauce while causing the sauce to stick to the chicken.  After the 20 seconds is over with I toss the chicken in a bowl again. Sometimes I will do the microwave twice with a cooling period of a  minute or so between cycles. Sometimes I add a second coating of sauce.

By rendering the sauce down you get rid of the vingar, and concentrate the cayenne pepper. Over the years I have had more than one laugh when one of these hotter than thou pepper eaters who rags that they can eat anything start to look for the blue cheeze after the 3rd wing. By the 5th wing they have just soaked out the back of their shirts with sweat

Most pepper eaters over look the real power of a plain ole cayenne pepper...

As I said this is really simple but very effective.
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Cold Smoke

Thanks Olds!! I'm glad that you've been opening the vault a little and sharing with us here. [:)]

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your fancy eats!

Cold Smoke

Oldman

Follow up..I started out with 5 large bottles and after rendering I have 3 1/2 bottles. This took about 2 3/4 hours on a hard boil. I use a whip on the sause a lot to help release the liquid.

If you grow you own cayenne peppers (organically of course) and dry them you can add them to the sauce once you powdered them out. It is a real kicker. Never use the crap dried powder cayenne pepper you get in the store. It will turn your sauce bitter. Nasty comes to mind...

The whole idea of using this type of sauce is that at first everyone thinks... this is not so bad until the bottom end of the cayenne hit their system [:D] You guys have to try this... it so funny to watch people woofing them down then going Whoa I need the cheese~~!

Cold Smoke you are more than welcome.
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!