Lets See Yer Smokers

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 25, 2008, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here are my 2 fav smokers.

My OBS with Guru/Raptor

My Traeger

Garlic pelletts

I also have a 6 rack and digi 4 rack still in boxes.

I must be wacky  :o

nepas

pensrock

Ok, here is my setup, not quite finished. When the cold box is finished it will be placed under the table and connected into both the units on top, with a simple damper to select which the smoke will go to. The brown one, an old fridge is being made into a cold smoker mainly for cheese. Once finished I should be able to smoke cheese all year long, I hope. My PID is on top of the black cabient.

westexasmoker

Nice setup Pens!

Although you could use more mesquite in your cabinet!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

QuoteAlthough you could use more mesquite in your cabinet! 

Your right, I used the last I had a couple weeks ago. There is no where around here to buy pucks so I'll have to wait till I need to order several boxes to get more. That is unless you have already bought all the mesquite pucks Bradley has on stock.  :)

Mr Walleye

Nice setups guys!  8)

Here's my current setup. Who knows for how long... I like to tinker way too much to leave things along.  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

You guys are amazing...I just have my little OBS plugged in outside...I'm feeling a little inadequate! But I'm ok with that...I have bacon and chicken smoking!!! I'm good...kinda...well...uh...YES damit...I am...  :D  :D  :D

Smokin Soon

Mr Walleye, are you pumping smoke in that big smoker top and bottom? My wife says I'm staring at that pic like it was a naked lady! That's a dream setup! Venting the smoker from my garage seems like a big job, or I'm just paranoid to chop into my roof. That's really a nice setup you have, gives me something to strive for. Thanks for posting.

FLBentRider

I'm with you LQ, Mine just sits on the patio and turns out great food!

Now a picture of my computer room on the other hand..... ;D ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

I'm with LQ & FL.   Mine is just sitting outside on the deck.   No stand, no beautiful setup....  but it does produce some tasty food ;D

My life slows down a bit after Oct 15th & I'm going to get a stand or racking/shelving to put it on.  It won't be super pretty but will be functional.   I also need to talk to my Dad about building a cold smoke setup (He's retired, I need things, he likes to build things, it works well)

Mr Walleye

You guys are definitely right... You don't need anything fancy for a setup to crank out good food! Just a smoker! ;)

Here in Saskatchewan, Canada we have a lot of unfavorable weather that is hard to smoke in (-20 to -40 C). My main theory was to take the weather out of the equation.

Smokin Soon

I'm not pushing smoke from the top. That is my range hood that is vented out the wall of my garage. It's connected to both smokers to vent them.

Mike

smokeitall

Mr. Walleye,

How did you build your big smoker box.  I have plans to do that same set up so I can smoke 25 or 50 lbs of summer sausage at once.  Did you build it or buy it?  Any details would be much appreciated, I have began looking for components to start building and have had a hard time finding what I want, or finding someone to weld it.  If you have dimensions and suggestions I can probably bribe a buddy into welding it up for me if I find the metal.
Thanks,

Mr Walleye

Smokeitall

Here is the link to the build including photos. The finished product is on about page 4 but there is lots of details along the way. If you have any questions just fire away.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7616.0

Mike

easyridinole

You guys have some great looking setups and get me thinking about winter time here in Wisconsin. OK, here are my questions, if i vent my smoker out my garage for the winter, will it create too much of a draft and suck the smoke out once the pipe heats up? Kind of like creating a draft in a wood stove or do you have a damper on it somewhere? I have an old fuel burning furnace out of a house and was thinking about just hooking into that. You guys never cease to amaze me!!  :) :)

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Mr Walleye

Easyridinole

Here is a post that might help you out. It's an older post from my first garage setup but it has my reasoning for notching the pipe you use so that you don't create the draw you are refering to.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4142.0

Mike

La Quinta

Fishman...you really cold weather guys gotta be ready...I appreciate that...but you could at least ship down some cold smoked cheese...geezzzzz!!! I got another 3 months to even try!!  ;D