I can't go anywhere.....

Started by westexasmoker, October 02, 2008, 07:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

So I'm at work and somebody mentions craigslist.....what the heck is that?  Oh its ebay but local....Ok, so do a search on BBQ and there is a rotissere for 30 bucks....my brain goes( well it goes somewhere ) and 3 hours later I've got a ronco...as..seen..on..tv......why I don't know...............Way too much mesquite I suppose!!    ;D  Does this thing work...Anybody with thoughts?  I thought maybe a nice deep smoke, and then skewer it?

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Ya Know Mesy wood might just work wonders on that thing. I'd fillet it and skewer it with some shrooms and pineapple just to give it some flavor.

No Idea Bud ain't ever owned or operated one of them badboys. Looks like your gonna have to give us a write-up/review on it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

Is a set it and forget it it? My Mom had one...and they do work...what did you buy dude?

car54

Yes, it does work but it is hard to clean up. My daughter has one.

Brad

westexasmoker

Well heres the little beast in action...Whole chicken, in the smoker for one hour and then into the rotissere for another hour

The main reason I picked this up was for doing kabobs, it'll do 8 at a time, I've still got to find the skewers for it......As I was watching this thing last night, I was thinking it would be really cool to have some sort of a rotissere attachment inside the smoker, dang there I go thinking again!  ;D  Anyway for 30 bucks this was some serious falling apart chicken!

C

Oldman

We have had two of them and they do a nice job on some items. If I may suggest I would line the bottom pan with aluminum foil.

Susie likes to do ribs in it... they are so-so ok I guess or sort-of IMO. I like boning chicken thighs with the legs still attached and then after a soaking in water, salt, garlic and MSG, OR soak them in vermoth, teriyaki sauce and crushed fresh ginger and then cook them until they are just done. Both marinades make a fine chicken sandwich on a steamed bun.

I have thought about adding a smoke to one of them.

EDIT: BTW I like your sig statement:
Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!