• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

La Quinta

Started by Oldman, October 08, 2008, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Never thought about Neil Young...love that old Harvest "album"...geez...forgot about that song titled "Oldman"....not sure the words work for Olds tho!!

Olds...you like Boston? (the band)...I'm expanding your list of play tunes...

westexasmoker

Quote from: La Quinta on October 17, 2008, 06:29:06 PM
Never thought about Neil Young...love that old Harvest "album"...geez...forgot about that song titled "Oldman"....not sure the words work for Olds tho!!

Olds...you like Boston? (the band)...I'm expanding your list of play tunes...

Live Rust one of my favorite albums......Boston...Its been such along time!.....and More than a feeling!...Ahhh back to high school!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

hillbilly,

i must be part hillbilly... I do like hillbilly music.. or is it blue grass... scratches my beard... hummm

MWS

For me, the best hillbilly bluegrass music is the Hackensaw Boys from Charlottesville. If you have a chance to hear them they are fantastic musicians and songwriters.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MWS

If ya like Neil Young, every weekend Rust Radio streams bootleg concerts. http://www.rustradio.org/radio.php
Mike 

beefmann

MWS

should be a  good concert

Enjoy

deb415611

MWS -

Thanks for the link - I'm going to check that out.   I love Neil Young. 

Boston - had forgotten about them. 

What's cool about this kind of music is that it's timeless.    My 17 yo loves some of the stuff that has been talked about in this thread.  I'm so glad he's not into rap,etc.    We took him to his first concert when he was 13 - The Moody Blues.  Last year I took him to the Australian Pink Floyd Experience.  He has now hit that magic age where he won't go to a concert with his parents but it was cool while it lasted!   

La Quinta

Ya know Deb...I took my hubby to a Moody Blues concert...he did not want to go...he was blown away...had the big orchestra backing them up...totally sweet... (he was a muscian for 27 years) and then he "made" me go to a Tower of Power concert...I didn't want to go...:) by the end I...bought lots of CD's...how can a fusion of Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire be bad!! TOP is cool!!

deb415611

LQ,

I'll have to check out TOP,  not familiar with them.  Went to a Chicago concert in another lifetime...... 

This thread is great because I need some new music & it's reminding me of some that I had forgotten about.

Deb

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: MWS on October 17, 2008, 08:12:49 PM
If ya like Neil Young, every weekend Rust Radio streams bootleg concerts. http://www.rustradio.org/radio.php

MWS

Thanks for the link, Makes me want to dust off the strat and jam  ;D

Yeah, nepas has a 1965 solid body black fender stratocaster. dont play too much cuz its vintage and too hard to replace.

nepas

MWS

Your welcome NePa, I've been playing Rust Radio non stop all weekend (Mrs MWS is tolerating it god bless her). It's really getting me charged up for the concert Wedneday night. I can see how it would make you want to pick up the old strat. My wife has been teaching herself classical guitar for the last year. I can't believe how far she's progressed. I can't even type let alone do that stuff...... :D
Mike 

MWS

I like this La Quinta topic much better..... ;)

The Neil Young concert was fantastic........all the classics. Had a good ale session before hand at the Dix brewery and BBQ. I had the brisket. Really good. Lots of good IPA, BBQ and Neil, what a memory....sort of. ;D
Mike