• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

thoughts of local smoker gathering

Started by beefmann, October 14, 2008, 07:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

hey all

what are your thoughts  of  having a gathering of local people that use  smokers as to put faces to the names have a few brews and  maybe taste someone elses  smoking?

my thought is maybe with in 120 miles would be considered  local...

FLBentRider

Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe even a "mega" event where different geograhical areas all meet on the same day.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

I think this would be a great idea.

nepas

Gizmo

From experience it is a great thing.  A few of us in SoCal have gotten together on a few occasions and it was a blast.  I like the idea of a "mega" event as well.  Just have to come up with a great vacation spot. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Count us in...on a mega event...or just a local one again!!! Ya know...Palm Springs is a pretty decent destination...we SoCals could host it?  ;D Nice place for you snow kids to go...!!

LilSmoker

If i was on that side of the pond i would love to be at the meet, i'd be packing right now  ;D

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

coyote

My Hillbilly Yaht will be back in action soon and we'll try that trip  across the pond. I should get my oar back next week.

They're using it to stir apple butter this week. ;D..............Sounds very  8)

Coyote

beefmann

soulds like there aare several in the so cal area.. im in garden grove .. orange county...I believe a couple south  of me... some north of me and at leasy one east  of me... anyway I  believe it  would be fun to  do..

La Quinta

Next one we have tentativly planned maybe out here in...where else...LaQuinta...at our house...Gizmo has hosted...WCK has hosted...Owstrich has hosted (at Perris Speedway)!! Now it's our turn...Garden Grove should only be an hour and 45 min away or so?

I was thinking Jan/Feb (when it's not a kajillion degrees here...for you weather wimps!!!)  ;D I'll be freezing...WCK,O and Mickie and Giz will be in shorts and flip flops no doubt...you are more then welcome!! If we can somehow lure Consigs down with his killer brew...   ;) and anybody else I'm forgetting...it would be great!!

LS...still time to make travel plans...Brits love the weather here!!!  ;D (Hubby does anyway!!)

beefmann

la Q sounds good ... may plan one for early next year as well...maybe in march  or  april on a  saturday and see  who would be  available to attend...

FLBentRider

I'm game for Jan/Feb - Cheese smoking weather here... Maybe

The mega event is having several regional meetings on the same day, and maybe opening up the chat board from all the sites.

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

I Might have to schedule myself in our La mirada training center for this. I am in SF Bay area but have to travel to La Mirada for work. 90 minutes driving, at what time of day? I really dont like the whole L.A. road snarl thing, what would the drive be??

beefmann

any objections to a gathering on a saturday?...

La Quinta

Like that idea my Florida friend...like it A Lot!!!  :)

La Quinta

Saturdays are always good...We're good with a "meeting of the smoker minds"!!! (Actually any day of the week!!) Need to do some proactive planning...as in...who is bringing what....we have pool...spa (god help us) and the like...if the spa comes into play...no pics...  ;D