Wish me luck!

Started by KyNola, October 21, 2008, 05:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

I'm on vacation this week, first time in a year.  I have been a very dutiful husband, worked all last weekend getting the house ready for new flooring in the living room and dining room.  Flooring is finished.  I ask my loving wife "what are we doing with the rest of the week?"  Her answer, "I don't know.  What would you like to do?"(don't insert an answer here ;)  I say "I want to make andouille sausage" and she jumped all over it!!  First time making sausage of any type but I am stoked.

Happy dance all around.  This will truly be a very unique experience and one that I really look forward to.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Very cool KyNola! Let us know how it turns out, with pictures of course!

I don't know if I could go a year without some time off.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

smokeitall

Pictures please???  I have been wanting to do some Andouille suasage and use a little of it for some Jambalaya.  Let us know how it turns out.

I just ordered 1/2 Hog yesterday (125 lbs) so I guess it would be a good time to make some Andouille, share the recipe to please.

Scott

Smokin Soon

I'm not sure, But that's not in the index of Rytek's book. I have read various things about this sausage and have been interested. Some say it's mostly used in cooking other things, and some say it's great by itself.
Do you have a plan for a recipe and how will you use the sausage? I am up to a new sausage, but undecided.

beefmann

Ky,

good  luck with the  sausage and hopes that it comes out as planned

Tenpoint5

Any time Momma says sure lets go for it and sausage making is involved it is a good time!! Enjoy yourselves.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

The recipe I am thinking about is Len Poli's recipe.  He has an incredible website for sausage.  The website address is www.home.pacbell.net/poli/  If it doesn't work, advance google search Sonoma Mountain Sausages.  That will get you there.     

There is another good one in "Charcuterie" using the hot smoked recipe although I would most likely season that one a little hotter.  As for what I use andouille for.....gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, big ole' pot of white beans on the stove with some of Nepas's tasso recipe.  Almost forgot crawfish pies. ;)

Fall and winter in my house is all of the above weather. :)   

KyNola   

La Quinta

I'd love to hear how it comes out Ky...made it many times and haven't been 100 percent happy with it any of the time. Hope it comes out great and I can steal the recipe!!  ;D