Black Bean and Beef Pastrami Soup

Started by Habanero Smoker, November 05, 2008, 02:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Tried this today myself, and wow! its gonna be on my cold weather lunch list for sure. Used half Tasso and half Cajun brats that I had frozen uncooked. Opened up the links and browned with the Tasso. The beans nicely absorbed all of the spices from the 2 different meats. I used a brand of black beans that was "Cuban". Don't know if that made any difference but they had a very nice consistency. No pics, my camera is at work. Thanks Habs!

Habanero Smoker

Up In Smoke & Smokin Soon;

Thanks. It is a good soup to build on, I have to try some of your variations. It also tastes good without meat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ka Honu

La Quinta

Smokin...you got May gray...soon to morf into June gloom...the desert is nice...98 today and dry..... doesn't take long to heat up the smoker out here... :D

Smokin Soon

LQ, I have friends down there that love that heat thing, but I really enjoy 73 degrees and a nice blue sky up here in the SF Bay Area. 98 to 112....gimme a salt pill and then a 6 pack of Heinekan to replace lost fluids and send me home! ;D

Up In Smoke

With cooler weather around the corner, rain for the last three days and coming for the next 5,  i decided to get the small soup pot out and knock the dust off of it.
what better way than with Habs recipe.
again i cannot say enough good about it.
if you have not tried this yet you will kick yourself for waiting.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

bflosmoke

Do you think that vegetable broth would work in place of chicken broth my daughter is on the dark side (vegetanarianism) and I am trying to make sure she gets different choices for protien ?
BFLO

Habanero Smoker

UIS;

Thanks for bringing this recipe back up. Like you say, with the cooler weather, I tend to start making more comfort foods.

bflosmoke,

Vegetable broth will work great with this recipe. I'm so use to only using chicken broth that I overlooked that ingredient.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)