power raptor alarm

Started by car54, December 19, 2004, 11:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I misplaced the directions fot the raptor and I was wondering how to disable the alarm for the entire smoke. I know how to turn it off for an individual event but not for the entire smoke.

Thank you in advance.

Habanero Smoker

I could not find those instructions. I believe it is called the good neighbor function. If Bill doesn't know I would send an e-mail to their tech support http://www.thebbqguru.com/contact.htm .

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

I have emailed them about 6 times.They have never replied back to me.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

here you go right from the book,    disables all alarms,. to set this featue tou must turn the competitor off first, then power back on by pressing the power button, upon release of the power button(within one second) quickly press and hold the alarm silence button for 2 seconnds or more then release. IMPORTANT: upon release of the "alarm silence" button your control will "light up" letting you know it has been set. if your competitor "lights up" before releasing the alarm silence button it did not set and you'll need to repeat this step.

car54

Not wanting to discredit the makers of the raptor, they did reply to me, but in an account that I seldom use. Thanks for the answer.

nsxbill

Sorry, didn't see this post right away.  I have the instructions in .pdf format if you don't already have them, let me know and I will private email to you..  Nice on the new one.  You just scroll through the menu and hit alarms off.  Getting really spoiled with the Procom4 Guru!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

bill, email me the pdf and i will put it on my server and make a link to it and post it thanks rob,

Habanero Smoker

SmokeHouse you are fortunate to get a printed manual. I have a copy of the .PDF manual, but I could not locate those instructions it in that manual.

Bill, is it the same manual that they have posted on their home page for downloading, I could not find those instructions in that file. Do they have a more updated manual?

Car54; that is one of their weaknesses, that don't do a go job of responding.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

if i get some time today , i will play with my scanner and try to scan the book and post it.

Habanero Smoker

That would be great if you could post it. It doesn't have to be today. Car54's question has been answered, but there seems to be more information in the printed manual, then the one they posted on their site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

nsxbill

I have a manual somewhere for the original Competitor.  I have a .pdf format from the website, but you are so right, there is no reference in it to initially silencing the alarm within seconds of turning on the unit by pushing the alarm button for a couple of seconds.  As I recall they made reference to it in the Getting started part of manual or instructions that came with it and called it the Good Neighbor feature.

They need to again update their online .pdf resource to reflect that.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB