FTC ?

Started by laserrep, September 25, 2008, 04:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laserrep

I have been using my Bradley with success for about 5 years now and love it.  I didn't even know this forum existed until just yesterday and I thought I would see what tips I could pick up from some fellow smokers.  In keep seeing "FTC" in many of the posts and have to admit I do not know what it stands for.  Can someone please share with me what FTC stands for?

Thanks

Arcs_n_Sparks

laserrep,

Welcome to the forum. FTC is shorthand for Fill The Cup with your favorite beverage and Follow The Chicks.

Actually, it is Foil, Towel, Cooler. Take your smoked item, wrap in foil, wrap that in a towel, and stick it in a cooler. Will keep hot for hours, and gives you flexibility in meeting a target time (like dinner).

Arcs_n_Sparks

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum laserrep!

FTC....After smoke/cook wrap meat in Foil and then wrap in towel...and then into a cooler (coleman, igloo) make sure its not the one with the cold adult beverages in it.... and let your meat rest till dinner time.  This is one of the most incredible things you can do, pulls the juice back in.....and OMG the meat is to die for!!  Dang Arcs beat me...........its all that mesquite!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

Hi laserrep;

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't discovered the recipe site here's a link to it.

Recipes

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum laserrep!

The others seem to have answered your question - I have FTC'd pork butts up to 7 hours and they were still too hot to pull!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

coyote

Welcome Laserrup , You're gonna love this place....Great information and even greater people.

Coyote

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome laserrep  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

beefmann

welcome to the forum laserrep

lots of good information here ..arcs has you  hooked up and FTC works wonders i have used  it  severaaaal times once was when my  main corse was done at 9 in the  morningand dinner wasent till 6... FTC untill 5 30 and pulled  it  out,, and started trimming.. could cut the meat  with a  folk it was that  tender..

oh yeah.. very flavorfull

Beefmann

Stitches040

Cool Beans guys ... I will eventually try this manuver ... FTW (For The Win!!!!)