More Chicken Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 21, 2009, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Getting to really like this stuff  ;D

Started with 4 lbs of boneless, skinless CB  (6 breasts)

I cut them across the breast at an angle because its easier to cut into 3/16-1/4" slices.

If i have some that don't want to be the size I need in the slicing area, I have the equalizer  ;D

I make my typical marinade I made last time but on this batch I added ginger, lemon juice and a black red pepper mix. I put it all in the marivac for 10 mins.

Sprayed my dehydrator racks with peel-ease and in they go @145*

I didn't smoke this time because the wind chill is like 7*  :P

nepas

westexasmoker

Your such a Jerky Nepas   ;D  Nah...Looks great as always!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

I'm trying to figure out if it's chicken jerky you like or just the fact that Momma will let you use the Everclear with no repercussions?  ;D

Looks awesome as always, Nepas!

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 21, 2009, 12:05:01 PM
I'm trying to figure out if it's chicken jerky you like or just the fact that Momma will let you use the Everclear with no repercussions?  ;D

Looks awesome as always, Nepas!

Marc

I use the clear for her, this way i can tell her i am going to put my smoker under the range hood in the kitchen  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

I see the pepper plants are doing good in the Aero-Garden.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

How long does it take in the dehydrator ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 21, 2009, 05:49:23 PM
How long does it take in the dehydrator ?

Since i am stuck using my old equi-flo dehydrator, this batch took 12 hours. If i was using my Cabelas it would have taken around 9 hours.

Its all good  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Here is the chicken jerky all done. Pretty good stuff.

nepas

Mr Walleye

Very Impressive NePas!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Thanks Mike

Im getting to like this chicken jerky just as much as making snack stix. I have some bread drying out and going to smoke it and do some smoked chicken fingers tomorrow. Should turn out good.

nepas

nickld

NePa, I've only done beef and elk jerky. I've always been just a little afraid of doing chicken or turkey but I think you have convinced me to try!  Looks DELICIOUS!   :P

~Nick

pensrock

NEPAS
I have been looking for turkey breast to go on sale. I want to try your Maple Bourbon Turkey Jerky. Now I'll be looking for chicken breasts also.  ;) ;D

NePaSmoKer

pens

have you looked into a provisions supply place? we buy in bulk. get boneless chicken breast for $1.35 lb

nepas