Smoked Boudain,,,MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmgood

Started by Johnysmoke, November 16, 2008, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnysmoke

My 1st post on this Great forum, I've been reading it for a good year now and figured i would try to put some pictures of some Boudain i smoked;  Hope it works,

Johnysmoke

I also did a few pork Butts and will put them on Here as well;  Ribs(baby backs) and boudain are our favorites to smoke down here in Texas,

beefmann

Johnny

welcome to the forum... great looking  gurb and keep up the great work and hope that you  will post more as well

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum JS!

I think your title summed it up very well.....MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmgood!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Looks great...Boudain looks killer...WOW...care to share that recipe? I love to make sausage...never really was brave enough to do boudain...the rice thing is scary...how much do ya put in? Does it (the rice) continue to absorb juices in the meat as it smokes...and blow out the casing? Stuff like that...Any help would be great???

Johnysmoke

Thanks for the replies,  would have replied sooner La Quinta but i was tending to a pork loin;  It did'nt turn out as good as i hoped,  i think i'll trim the fat off next time, i used the bradley stuffed loin recipe, picture is coming;  About the boudain, i buy it already made from HEB;  the brand is DJ's, i smoke it about 3 hours on the OBS at about 195-200f and it just breaks rite into, you can eat casing and all;  Here in port neches they carry several different brands and DJ's is the best to me, i smoke it about once a week and it disapears fasttttttt......

HCT

Man o man o manacheviz :o everything looks sooooo good.
Welcome to the forum JS
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

NePaSmoKer

Boudin looks awsome as well as the butts  ;D

Here is my boudin recipe for 5 lbs.

2 lbs uncooked rice
1 lb lean meat (pork or beef) (venison opt)
1/2 lb pork butt
1/2 lb pork liver
1 bunch parsley chopped
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 1/2 Tblsp salt
1 1/2 teasp cayenne
1 T paprika
1 teasp cumin
1/2 teasp chili podwer (i use ancho)
1 Cup cold water
1 Cup non fat dry milk
33 or 36 mm natural hog casings.

Prepare.

1. Cook rice as directed on box, set aside.
2. Place meats in a large pot, add enough water to cover.
3. Bring meats to a quick boil, reduce heat and simmer until meats are tender, remove and drain. (May take an hour or more for tender meat)
4. Grind meat through course plate 1 time.
5. Put ground meat, rice, parsley, green onions, salt, cayenne, paprika, cumin, chili pwder, water and dry milk into a very large pan or tub and mix thoroughly by hand.
6. Stuff the mix into the casings and twist into 8" to 12" lengths.

This can be smoked, simmered or any way you like to cook sausage.

nepas

deb415611

JS -- looks awesome

Nepas -- thanks for the recipe - I think I have everything except the pork liver....   you keep making my to try pile higher!! 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: deb415611 on November 17, 2008, 09:03:47 AM
JS -- looks awesome

Nepas -- thanks for the recipe - I think I have everything except the pork liver....   you keep making my to try pile higher!! 

:D  :D  :D

sorry deb

nepas

La Quinta

I would venture to guess....any liver would do? That irony (doubt that is a word...meant the way I wanted it to anyway) would be good?? I love any kind of liver....so I'm a little odd...Not that this is a double secret surprise to anybody here!!!