• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Having too much fun

Started by jbollier, November 22, 2008, 10:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbollier

My wife accused me of piddling around instead of doing something useful ( in other words, something she wants me to do). I fabricated and installed a smoke hood with 6" vent pipe ducted outside the garage with a force fan in the duct. I can now smoke inside the garage with the door closed no matter how bad the weather gets outside. I then built the little fellow his own cabinet to sit on with space under him to keep his pucks put away when not in use. Wifey has no problem putting away the great tasting food  the little fellow and I put out though. Now anytime she gets on my case I just go out in the garage and cook something,ha.

LilSmoker

Sounds great jbollier, any pics?  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

beefmann

Jbroiler,

Welcome to the forum and  sounds like a nicely installed project... next time ask wifey if she likes your  cooking and that your tinkering is to make your  cooking  easier

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum Jbollier!

Beefman... I don't know if "easier" is the right word given the dilemma.

I'm thinkin' something more like....

But honey.... I so enjoy making wonderful meals for you and I just want to make sure I have things setup so I'm capable of making meals fit for the princess that you are. Now just sit back and enjoy this glass of wine while I fix ya something special.  ::)  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

I have to agree with Mike his story is much better!!
JBOLLIER,
Make sure you install a BEER, I mean Meat, fridge close to your smoker so when you have things getting ready to smoke or while your out tending to the smoker. There is always an Adult beverage close by. Since there is alot of checking and adjusting and tending that is required when running the smoker!!! Thats why you spend so much time out in the garage when your checking on the smoker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

Mr. Walleye..

so true  so true

jbollier

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 22, 2008, 02:00:27 PM
JBOLLIER,
Make sure you install a BEER, I mean Meat, fridge close to your smoker so when you have things getting ready to smoke or while your out tending to the smoker. There is always an Adult beverage close by. Since there is alot of checking and adjusting and tending that is required when running the smoker!!! Thats why you spend so much time out in the garage when your checking on the smoker.
You bet there is a fridge well stocked out there along with all the peace and quite a fellow ever needs. The little fellow carries on all the conversation with me I ever need when I am in a talking mood. Just me, the little fellow and the big fellow with all the cold beverages.

Smokin Soon

Mr Walleye

Couldn't agree More!  ;)

Nice job SS!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Tenpoint5

Quote from: jbollier on November 22, 2008, 04:26:45 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 22, 2008, 02:00:27 PM
JBOLLIER,
You bet there is a fridge well stocked out there along with all the peace and quite a fellow ever needs. The little fellow carries on all the conversation with me I ever need when I am in a talking mood. Just me, the little fellow and the big fellow with all the cold beverages.

LMAO You might want to reword that. I know what your talking about, BUT LQ will be along shortly and she's gonna be all over that. You might not live that down for awhile.

Great Artwork there SS!! Did the math and ended up with GREAT FOOD!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jbollier

I guess that did sound wierd if you didn't know that  "Little Fellow" is what I call my smoker and
"Big Fellow" is the fridge. Both are good friends and if you are ever over this way I will introduce you.

beefmann