• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pulled Beef

Started by Tenpoint5, November 25, 2008, 08:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

12 days off of work leaves a fella kinda bored when you can't go hunting.( Have a lot of projects starting for different threads) So I bought a 3.75lb Boneless Chuck Roast to make Pulled Beef. Seasoned with my Red Rub and topped off with a healthy dose of Tequila Lime seasoning.

Here she is going into the BDS. Looks like I need to move some wires.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

I Like Smoke!! After four hours of smoke and an internal temp of 145*. I pulled the roast and wrapped in foil with a splash of Apple/Raspberry juice. And put back in the BDS waiting for IT of 190-195*. Then will FTC and pull.

Here is what it looked like before it went into foil.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

10 5... looks great so far ... I would check at 180 to see how it is  doing... I  have done some top surloin roasts that feel apart at 180...

Tenpoint5

I started checking at 180*. A nice size chunk came out at 191*. Pulled out of the BDS and toweled in the Microwave for an hour. Got the Bear Paws out and started pulling. I must say I think I should have taken it to 195. It was a lot more work pulling it (Except the very centerpiece)  than I remember, but Got er Done in a bowl waiting for a bun.

westexasmoker

Looks awesome 10.5, I can almost taste it! MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

Tenpoint5

Came out of my Office and found this in my spot at the table.
MMMMMM Good!!!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!