Venison sausage with Jalapeno and Cheddar

Started by Caribou, November 27, 2008, 05:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Carolyn, Great job there! Sausage is fun, takes some practice, but every batch you do will be better. Pay attention to what flavor you would like more of, such as more garlic taste, more onion, higher heat, ect.
Your lucky to have spousal backup cause when I get out the meat grinder and stuffer, mine takes a hike! Gets messy sometimes.  ;D

Caribou

Thanks everyone!
I need to clarify that is water on the paper towel not oil from the sausage.  My helpful hubbie said they looked like they are laying on a greasy paper towel.  That's just water from shocking them in cold water.  Actually I rendered just a couple drops of fat out them the entire time they were in the smoker.
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Great looking sausage, Carolyn.  Tell your better half, even if it was grease, that kinda stuff actually draws this type of crowd  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caribou

Ha ha that's true!  Grease is good!
I think he just doesn't want me to get full of myself.  With learning to smoke sausages AND upload photos all in one day I may get too big for my britches! ;)
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

He's just trying to talk you out of those delicious looking sausages and keep them all to himself.

Great Job Carolyn
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!