Kielbasa Stixs

Started by Tenpoint5, November 24, 2008, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Just finished getting the Boston Butt all cut into 1 inch cubes or close to it. Put the cure on and into the fridge, for a three day rest/cure. Will add more as this progresses.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

NePaSmoKer

I'll brng the casings  ;D

Lookin good

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on November 24, 2008, 04:39:05 PM

I'll brng the casings  ;D

Lookin good

nepas
Nepas
I'm doing an experiment this go round. Instead of using hog casings for this batch.  I plan on using some 19mm collagen casings to make stixs instead of full size sausage.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

You Guy's are gonna have to take my word for it. These turned out Awesome. Didn't get a finished pic of the stixs coming out of the smoker. They took a little longer than I expected. I had to scoot to get to my deer stand with a 40 min drive. Momma pulled them and gave them their bath in ice water and didn't take any pics. Any way heres a pic of 10lbs ready to go into the smoker. The other 5lbs was bulk packed for frying.