6 Racks locked and loaded!

Started by FLBentRider, November 29, 2008, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

I just finished, putting the rub on six racks of St Louis ribs. They will go in tomorrow late morning for 3 hours of Hickory, then into the oven, AKA FlBentRider Rib Experiment #3.

The difference is that when it is ready, it will all go back in the fridge to be re-heated for a dinner Thursday night. My Brother is coming to town and there is no way with work and everything else that is going on this week that I can pull off the cook on Thursday. Ribs seem better re-heated anyway.

It is going to be a stretch to get 8 bradley racks worth of ribs in my 4 rack OBS, but I think I can get them in.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

That's a good point on the ribs, I agree that re-heated ribs are sometimes better. Flavors distribute somehow. I used to do an overnight slow cook on ribs to feed my Saturday crew and FTC in the am and pack to work. They were fully cooked and sauced. My intention was to just put the foil packs on the grill to get the temp up, and then crisp up a bit open on the grill. All 25 of them proclaimed they prefer right out of the steaming foil packs without the direct grill. At home I re-sauce and vac seal. Wife says it's better than right out of the Bradley. Who knows?  ::)

beefmann

FLB,

Planning ahead with ribs is always good and hope you and your  brother enjoy the ribs

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

FLBR,
Those are some good looking meaty ribs and you haven't even got them smoked yet!

KyNola

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Sweet Gramma's Pajamas!  That looks awesome.  Is it just me or does anyone else wish to be reincarnated as a V-drip tray in the next go around?  ??? ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Nice batch of ribs FLB!  ;)

Two thumbs up!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Very impressive load there, I can almost hear the heating element crying!

FLBentRider

They are now out of the smoker, foil boated , braise liquid added, and into a 250F oven for 5 hours.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

FLB,

Great job with the ribs... caan we  say yummy

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

This is probably a dumb question, But did it all fit in the oven?? I don't think mine would handle that load.

Habanero Smoker

I haven't seen that many ribs in one place since I went the the Ribfest. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

It was a tight fit. Our oven has 3 racks, and there were 2 racks of ribs per oven rack.

All of it is now in the refrigerator, I still need to finish the sauce.

We will re-heat and serve on Thursday. In hindsight, it will give us more time to visit since I won't be wrestling ribs and sauce with a house full of company.

They are a little more done that I would like, but the taste is awesome.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!