Bradley and Big Easy Wings

Started by stillsmoking, November 30, 2008, 09:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsmoking

Tried something new for us the other day.  Marinated some wings in a mixture of pinapple juice/apple juice/pepper/onion/garlic/soy sauce.  Sprinkled with a little curry powder and into the smoker.

After an hour in the smoker double racked and into the Big Easy with the lid off.

Lid on for half an hour and we have crispy smoked wings.  Will be doing this again many times!

Forgot to mention I used apple  and hickory in the smoker.

Smokin Soon

Have to agree, wings in the Big Easy are the best!

Smoking Duck

Looks awesome, stillsmoking!  Gosh, I've gotta get me one of those big easy's.  You know the funny thing?  Big Easy was my wife's nickname in college  :o ;D ;D

Oh, dear Lord, I'm going to hades for that one!  ;)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

QuoteYou know the funny thing?  Big Easy was my wife's nickname in college 

You had better hope she never gets on the forums and reads this.  :o
I really do not want to have to go to a funeral.  ;)

westexasmoker

Quote from: pensrock on November 30, 2008, 12:11:57 PM
QuoteYou know the funny thing?  Big Easy was my wife's nickname in college 

You had better hope she never gets on the forums and reads this.  :o
I really do not want to have to go to a funeral.  ;)

I'm thinking blackmail!  ::)   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

I think SD needs a hand gettin' his other foot in his mouth too!

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Awww, heck, I've had smoked Nike quite a bit.  I prefer the Shox.....there's a much nicer fatcap in those!  ;) ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

stillsmoking

Smoking Duck, I guess the good thing is you will already understand the buttons.

bflosmoke

Has anyone ever used the big easy for the wings then used frank and theresas wing sauce. (anchor bar)
BFLO

Smokin Soon

I have not tried the Anchor brand. I like to try them all and will keep an eye out for it. The best wings yet were a non spicey batch for the wife. Heavy with garlic and Parmesan.

Overnight maride in some Yoshida sauce, minced garlic, onion powder, dash of white vinegar.

2 hours of smoke, until the skin color just starts to change and into the Big Easy. I used hickory this time.

Made some sauce using a chinese garlic hosin sauce mixed up with some good old Stubbs. Ground a bout 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan, used half in the sauce and half for a sprinkle over the top. Delish!

stillsmoking

Looks yummy!  Will have to try with black bean sauce in place of Yoshida sauce.  Wanting to try sweet Chili sauce with the next batch.

Smokin Soon

I think anything goes as far as wings are concerned. It's really cheap and gives you more room for experiments. With the Big Easy for the final blast you won't have any mistakes.  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: bflosmoke on November 30, 2008, 03:26:50 PM
Has anyone ever used the big easy for the wings then used frank and theresas wing sauce. (anchor bar)
BFLO

I have, but I don't put the sauce on while they are cooking. I apply the sauce immediately after they finish cooking. I apply the sauce by placing them in a cake carrier or one of those 8 quart Rubbermaid food storage containers, close the lid and hold it tightly while I vigorously shake the wings until they are evenly coated.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)