• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Snack Stix Goin Hunting

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 30, 2008, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Not only is my neighbor taking jerky, now he wants some snack stix. So i give him what i made the other day  ;D It will prob only last them 10 mins  :D  :D

I can see the bamby jerky now  ;D

nepas

Gizmo

I think you underestimated the goodness there NePa.  I'd give them 1 minute tops.  Just because they have to take them out of a package.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Nepas, you mean your dogs actually allow them to take it out of the house?  ;)

Smokin Soon

I think in my job searching I need to find a job whaere I can be your next door neighbor!  ;D

FLBentRider

Sounds like they are goin' SNACK hunting, not deer hunting.

;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Nepas, Any Luck? We had a Antlerless Only season over the weekend. Do you have any idea how hard it is to have a 140 class 8 point at 25 yards and you cant shoot him? (Trust me I thought about it) I had to settle on a button buck to snack on. Snack stix look pretty good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2008, 04:54:11 AM
Nepas, Any Luck? We had a Antlerless Only season over the weekend. Do you have any idea how hard it is to have a 140 class 8 point at 25 yards and you cant shoot him? (Trust me I thought about it) I had to settle on a button buck to snack on. Snack stix look pretty good.

I cant go this season cuz of back. But i am sure i will get some venison.  My neighbor has 4 tags and i do the butchering for him. All they like is jerky and sausage and such. Lots of shots up here this morning too  ;D  Where i live the deer, bear, turkey and scarce pheasant come strolling in the back 1/2 acre. Lets see i can sit on the back deck with my 30/30  :D  :D

Yeah know the feling about not being able to shoot. When i lived in Calif i was in the lower sierras and had a huge elk @40 yards.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Well no shot no deer  :-\ maybe tomorrow.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Since your doing the butchering you HAVE GOT to try Canadian Bacon with a Backstrap. Your gonna love it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Neighbor got 2 deer yesterday. They are going back out today.

nepas

Piker

Hunting season over up here and have sufficient deer,elk,moose to start making sausage. I am going to start with pickle and pimento loaf,then mac and cheese, thuringer. I have found recipes which allows me to use my smoker. They are a little different but not that much. I add some personal touches as lots of garlic, cheese and mustard seed  which are my favorites. I also have belly bacon,pork loin,venison for jerky so will be busy for a while. Will post results Have a good one.