• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Ribs

Started by seemore, December 06, 2008, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Here is what the Mrs and I had for dinner last night:

We started with the ribs on Thursday night.  We put them in a Ziploc bag with about 1/3 C of Dale's Steak Seasoning - pure sodium!
We let them sit in the marinade for about 18 hours, and then put a rub of brown sugar, paprika, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder & garlic powder on them.
We put them in the smoker for about six hours at around 200 degrees.  We mopped them with a combination of apple juice and olive oil during the smoking time.
When we brought them in, we put Ice Man's sauce on them.
PURE HEAVEN!

LilSmoker

Those ribs look truly awesome!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

Tenpoint5

Caught myself drooling on my new chair. I need some ribs.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Dang, I love me some ribs!  Nice job, Seemore!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Cajun

Gimmy Gimmy Gimmy Mouth watering looks great!!!!
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

La Quinta

WOW...seemore...those look amazing...was the high sodium seasoning an issue? I notice you (for obvious reasons) just flavor up the meat after the 18 hr marination with everything but salt...love the apple juice and olive oil combo...and of course...Ice's sauce is amazingly fabulous!!

seemore

Hi, LaQuinta!  Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  We don't use the salt in the rub because Dale's steak seasoning is made with soy sauce and other ingredients.  We used that for a marinade, more or less, and did not use additional salt in the rub as that might have been too salty. We thought the Dale's sauce was an excellent marinade, by the way.  A friend of our's from Louisiana told us about this sauce, and we picked it up on his advice and injected it in a pork roast which we then basted as it cooked on the grill.  It was the BEST pulled pork we have ever made. 

Smokin Soon

I have been trying to find the Dale's Seasoning around here and have had no luck. I finally convinced a couple of buds to split a case with me because that's the only way thy sell it online. We are going to try the reduced sodium version. Will report results.

Smoking Duck

I've seen it here in Indiana.  If it will help produce ribs like that, might have to put it on the grocery list.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 11, 2008, 04:24:23 PM
We are going to try the reduced sodium version.

Ain't that like 5ex by yourself?
Unless your on a low sodium diet because your doctor told you if you didn't your heart would explode. So now you take 4 pills a day to keep everyone off your butt. Wait that's me. Just told to watch the salt and don't add more to make it taste better.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

Ya know...gotta tell ya...I can't really taste (in a marinade) the difference between low sodium soy sauce and the "full flavored" big brother...I actually prefer the low sodium...not for any health reasons...

Smokin Soon

I just dont like super salty stuff. My Bacon, Buckboard Bacon, Canadian Bacon gets 2 two hour soaks before smoking and all friends agree it's tasty. Some have said that my previous smokes with only 30 minutes of soak heve been a bit too salty. If it makes me thirsty for the whole evening, its just too much.