• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First smoke with Bradley

Started by Stargazer, December 12, 2008, 03:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

My father uncle and I had this for supper tonight.

This was so good. My old bullet smoker couldn't even come close to this.

I cooked until 145 degrees like KyNola suggested and was cooked perfectly, still moist and juicy as could be. And injecting it like Smoking Duck recommended, using apple juice, WOW. Can't find anything like this in a store or resturaunt. Not even remotely close.

Next time I do a pork loin I might add 3 more apple pucks to give another hour of smoke. I just didn't want to over do it. Still came out superb, I just used 6 pucks for two hours this time around. But the smoke was a good clean smoke. Not a harsh residue taste like ordinary wood chips give when I use to use my old bullet smoker.

As for adding apple juice to the water pan, to be honest, I don't know if that helped enhanced or not being I also injected. But I can say the pork had the most delicious haunting flavor of apple through the whole thing.

Either way though, the results knocked us on the floor. I knew it would be great, but the results were much better then I could imagine.

And as easy as it is to use and clean Marie 'my Bradley', I can smoke so much more often now.

Thanks again for eveyones help :D

-Michael
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Mr Walleye

Congrats Michael! It's always nice to get that first one under your belt! It just gives you the comfort of knowing ya got it dialled in.

"Marie" is going to produce a lot more awesome product for you guys!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Gazer, Those walls of Marie are supposed to be black. She just needs her racks and trays cleaned. Don't make her mad!

Stargazer

Oh I'm not cleaning the walls. I was just referring to the racks and water pan 'because of the sugars from the apple juice', and a cleaning of the drip tray only. Like a cast iron skillet, I don't wanna clean out the seasoned parts :D

But on this subject please, I understand every so often the smoke generator needs to be cleaned from some wood, I was thinking of getting some compressed air cans to gently do this when time comes. About how often do you clean the wood out of the smoke generator?

Just want to keep her in top shape :)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

I clean mine out about 2 maybe 3 times per year and I use mine quite extensively.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!