new user.... chimney extractor

Started by kandh, December 03, 2008, 08:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kandh

hello..... just got a bradley origanal....... has anyone ever made a chimney extractor so i can use this item in the porch this time of year... want to smoke something but to wet a windy outside.... is the top vent to adjust how smokey you want the food or what??? regards harry

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum harry!

I know several of the members up north has their smoker in the garage with a vent system, one of them will be along to give you some good advice....as far as the vent amount of smoke and moisture I run mine full open!  Good luck and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Hi Harry and welcome to the forum.

I live in Canada and have mine setup in my heated detached garage. Here is a link to an earlier setup of mine that you can get the idea of it.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4666.0

Here's my current setup.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7616.45

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

kandh

thanks for that , very helpfull, i will visit the plumbers merchant any day...... regards harry

Stitches040

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 03, 2008, 09:34:14 AM
Hi Harry and welcome to the forum.

I live in Canada and have mine setup in my heated detached garage. Here is a link to an earlier setup of mine that you can get the idea of it.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4666.0

Here's my current setup.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7616.45

Mike

HOLY CRAP Mr. Walley ... Those are some insanely nice setups ... I take it you do this quite often.

Mr Walleye

Thanks Stitches.

As much as I can!  ;D

Mike

Smoking Duck

When I grow up, I wanna be either Mr. Walleye or Iceman........both of my good friends have insane setups.  They would put Tim The Toolman to shame!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 05, 2008, 03:08:38 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be either Mr. Walleye or Iceman........both of my good friends have insane setups.  They would put Tim The Toolman to shame!

Thanks SD

There's a number of members with really nice setups for sure but, IMHO, Ice's setup is definitely "king"... definitely a level above.

Mike

DrtiBird

Quote from: kandh on December 03, 2008, 08:01:41 AM
hello..... just got a bradley orig0....... has anyone ever made a chimney extractor so i can use this item in the porch this time of year... want to smoke something but to wet a windy outside.... is the top vent to adjust how smokey you want the food or what??? regards harry
Hi Harry,
Welcome aboard.

Got my DBS6 in October.  Being kinda lazy and not wanting to have to move the smoker in and out I set mine up in the attached garage in front of the windows.  I used another member's (Mr Walleye) idea and added a couple of pieces of 4" drain pipe to direct the smoke closer to the exhaust fan (used a small window fan).

I sat the smoker on a 4ft folding table and have since installed a switchable surge protector (just in case)

Ron/DrtiBird
Gainesville, GA

kandh

ok... been out to the plumbers merchant... got a lenght of bendy alloy pipe stuff, and and electric bathroom extractor, bunging it all together asap..... i did look at a tumble dryer extraction kit but was unsure about the pipe material although its good enough for dryer hot air, but the fan wasnt electric. harry

kandh

chimney all set up now.... doing my first smoke..... smoke venting up chimney ok.... funny the things you dont think of at first, all smoking away nicely, thought i would put the smoker in the back porch as chiney is working ok, didnt think about what happens when i open the smoker door to see how its going or to turn stuff.... have to rethink positioning.... regards harry

Mr Walleye

Quote from: kandh on December 17, 2008, 09:08:51 AM
chimney all set up now.... doing my first smoke..... smoke venting up chimney ok.... funny the things you dont think of at first, all smoking away nicely, thought i would put the smoker in the back porch as chiney is working ok, didnt think about what happens when i open the smoker door to see how its going or to turn stuff.... have to rethink positioning.... regards harry

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Yup... ya gotta limit your peeking at least until the smoke is done.  ;)

Mike