Pizza recipe links for Smoking Duck

Started by deb415611, December 14, 2008, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

He enjoys the single serve bags of pulled pork that I put in the freezer.  It's an afternoon snack.   I wish I could eat like he can. 

I probably will get a case since I asked for a sausage stuffer for Christmas. 

HCT

Deb, I still have a huge butt in my freezer otherwise I'd split it with you. I'm the only one here so meat doesn't disappear that fast, fast, but not that fast. :D :D :D Give me a month or 2.  Is that boneless? That is a good deal.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

deb415611

It doesn't say whether it's boneless but I doubt it.  They only sell bone-in in the case. 

Smoking Duck

I actually prefer the bone in pork butt and never take the bone out prior to smoking.  For some reason it seems that the ones with bone in come out much nicer than de-boned for me.  Probably the way I do them but it always comes out better for some reason.

I can eat like your son, Deb.  The problem is I can't burn it off like him  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

Quote from: pensrock on December 15, 2008, 01:35:45 PM
Deb,
Can you suggest one for a true beginner? Keep in mind I will have to mix by hand.
I like a chewy crust and crisp on the outside. So I'll look for the KA bread flour you mentioned in another post.
Also which is your favorite.
Thanks,
pens

Pens,

I use this dough whisk to mix my dough before I use the dough hook.  It does an incredibly good job of mixing, much better than a wooden spoon.  It's funny looking and I had my doubts when I first got it  but I love it.  I also have a smaller version for pancake/muffin type batter.  If you don't have a stand mixer or food processor it might be worth the small investment.  Though mixing with a spoon & then hand kneading does work, I did it for years.  

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C81&byCategory=C153&id=5568

Favorite pizza recipe is the first link but it uses King Arthur Sir Lancelot which isn't available retail. You would have to order on-line from King Arthur or buy a 50lb bag from a bakery or restaurant supply store.  It would also be harder to knead by hand. 

Deb

HCT

Deb, Price-rite up here sells the bone-in for .89. The store is in the k-mart plaza.
probably the biggest"

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 16, 2008, 06:07:42 PM

I can eat like your son, Deb.  The problem is I can't burn it off like him  ;D

Well, I could also but I can't burn it off either and it's not all about the weight anymore.  Good cholesterol does not run in my family :(

deb415611

Quote from: HCT on December 16, 2008, 06:17:29 PM
Deb, Price-rite up here sells the bone-in for .89. The store is in the k-mart plaza.

Butt not picnic?   

Smoking Duck

Hey Deb,

Does it make a difference in the way the dough turns out doing it by hand versus a food processor?  Reading the KA website leads me to believe that hand mixing turns out a better dough or are they just trying to sell the whisks?

Thanks!

SD

deb415611

SD,

I'm not sure.  I didn't see that the hand mixing is better.  I think that you can get the same quality,  it just takes a little longer & more muscle to hand knead.

I don't think I would use one if I was using the food processor because the machine will combine the ingredients then knead.  I use a stand mixer and I need to either mix by hand first or use the whisk to combine the ingredients before I can use the dough hook.  It's easier to use the whisk - I don't have to put in on & take it off the mixer.  Saves a minute or so  :D 

Deb

HCT

it's a picnic, Deb. .79, not a bad price.
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Quote from: deb415611 on December 16, 2008, 06:32:33 PM
SD,

I'm not sure.  I didn't see that the hand mixing is better.  I think that you can get the same quality,  it just takes a little longer & more muscle to hand knead.

I don't think I would use one if I was using the food processor because the machine will combine the ingredients then knead.  I use a stand mixer and I need to either mix by hand first or use the whisk to combine the ingredients before I can use the dough hook.  It's easier to use the whisk - I don't have to put in on & take it off the mixer.  Saves a minute or so  :D 

Deb

Thanks Deb........I might have to try making one of the doughs in the mixer tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.  I also have a hand mixer that has a whisk attachment......might have to give that a try for kicks and grins.  My right hand and arm aren't working so good these days so hand mixing is kinda difficult for me these days.  I sure am glad I'm not Amish  ;D 

deb415611

Quote from: HCT on December 16, 2008, 06:34:22 PM
it's a picnic, Deb. .79, not a bad price.

antonellis had picnic in their ad too but I don't remember the price.   

deb415611

SD,

I never tried it in the food processor, I'll have to try that.

Deb

Smoking Duck

It's a thing of beauty and ease, Deb.  I think they actually sell an adapter for some food processors that assists with making bread, dough, etc., but the mixing/chopping blade works very well also.

My wife also told me to tell you thanks......it was your posts that led me to believe that even I could make GOOD homemade pizza.  She really likes the stuff I was able to put out last time.

SD