Pizza recipe links for Smoking Duck

Started by deb415611, December 14, 2008, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: seemore on January 24, 2009, 01:47:41 PM
Deb, I am going to make a pizza dough for next weekend.  Which one of the links that you sent do you recommend for a beginner dough-maker?  THANKS!!
Mrs Seemore

Mixer, Food Processor or Hands?

What kind of pizza do you like -- NY,  American,  Chicago, Sicilian ? 

Smoking Duck

Made some sicilian pizza for all of the wife's family today.  They raved about it and I've been officially named the head chef for my wife's family  ;D  Also made some mozza cheesesticks.  I'm not sure the family would ever let her divorce me now  ;D  See, there is always a method to my madness!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

QuoteI'm not sure the family would ever let her divorce me now. See, there is always a method to my madness!

Sly, like a fox eh?  ;D

Smoking Duck

You always gotta be one step ahead of them, Pens ;D  Never let em see you sweat  ;) ;D

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

seemore

Deb, I have a stand-up mixer, but it does not have a working bread hook.  I also have a food processor, and the hands the Good Lord gave me.  I also have a bread machine.  I tried to make pizza dough with that once, but for whatever reason - operator error, I am sure -  the flour did not mix completely with the water and the yeast......
I don't know if the food processor has to have a "blade" for dough making.  If so, I don't have one of those.
I think I would like to try a deep dish crust.  I have never been successful at making one of those, and I would sure like to give it another try.
I am going to make my own sauce for the pizza too.  Nothing fancy - just tomatoes and some seasonings and cook it down.
I will take pictures of the entire process - at least if it turns out!

deb415611

Seemore,

Try either of these.  I bet you can do in it the food processor with the regular blade.  I would process just until everything comes together take out and hand knead just until things are a ball and smooth.  The second one has a very short mix time so it would be easy to do by hand if you wanted to go that way. 

http://www.pizzamaking.com/dkm_chicago.php    --   click on the pictures in this one to enlarge.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5402.0.html

Sauce is a personal thing but when I do NY or Chicago I use 6-1 crushed or Pastene Ground tomatoes.  For chicago I drain a little and for NY from the can.  I add some oregano, garlic & crushed red pepper.  Simple sauce but good. 

I have done both and they are both great.   

Deb

seemore

Thanks, Deb!  I will let you know how it turns out!!

Smoking Duck

Hey June and Scott,

I routinely use the food processor for making pizza dough (my mixer doesn't have a dough hook).  I simply use the chopping blade in my food processor and it comes out great every time.

Marc

lisahall

Ohhh. Thanks dude for sharing. I found a lot of recipe ideas at itsmyownway. Few days I was searching for hwachae taste and believe me it was worth reading here. https://itsmyownway.com/what-does-hwachae-taste-like/