I'm thinking it is about time to move

Started by Oldman, December 07, 2008, 07:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Last night...1 -1:30 AM a dickhead climbs over my fence. Next he is trying to get into my wood shed. I went and grabbed my Mossberg 500. I saw him see me through the window with it in my hands. He went back over the fence before I could get to the back yard.

However, this chit is getting old. Susan and I were talking this morning of just selling this house and moving on.

Plus our 911 is about as useful as tits on a boar hog. They want to ask and re-ask a hundred question before they send out a cop.

For those who do not know what my Mossberg looks like this is a image of one:

While it is an ugly-get-out-of-house-gun, and I know I would have fear running down my leg if I had to face one, the idea of blowing someone face off does not set well with me.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

3rensho

When I lived in the US I had someone try to come in thru an open window twice.  Both were in the wee hours.  Fortunately I'm a light sleeper and they found staring down the muzzle of a cocked .357 a good incentive to depart the premises. 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

LilSmoker

That's awful Raye, I'm glad he spotted you holding Mossberg 500, which made sure you didn't have to use it on him  :o

This side of the pond is just as bad with the cop situation, back in May when our house got burgled, it took over 4 hours for the cops to turn up. One of my sons arrived home and asked are the police here yet?, i replied no, they're very busy by all accounts? That's strange he said, just down the road there are 2 cops hiding in the bushes with a speed camera???
Well i suppose catching speeding motorists is more important than catching the scum that trashed my house, as the speeding fines bring in lots of money  ::)

I gotta be honest though, that day i would of loved to have come home and disturbed the scum that robbed us...........holding your Mossberg 500 of course!  ;)

Anyway Raye i hope you don't get any more unwanted visitors
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tenpoint5

Raye get a buddy to load you some rounds with rock salt. them you can bust a cap in their backside. They will be able to track em easy cause they will be skooting across the yard like a dog.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Raye,
I am so happy your family and you are safe.  I am just as glad you didn't have to pull the trigger.  I own 5 handguns, a shotgun and 2 rifles including an AR-15.  While I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger to keep my family safe, I sure don't want to have to.  I know you don't either.

KyNola

Habanero Smoker

I can't think of anything more infuriating than having someone invade my home. I've been robbed in the past, and it turned out to be people whom I have invited into my home on more then one occasion. I guess it gave them plenty of time to case the joint. It's a shame that it pushes you to thinking about relocating.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Thanks for the replys... We do not know what we are going to do yet...I just know that having to blow some teenagers head off is not part of my program...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

beefmann

much like what happined to olds and others ... one thing that happined to me is while i was sleeping during the day and at the time i was working grave yard  some one had broken the window of the bedroom that i was sleeping in.. of course i  jumped up and grabbed my 12 gage shot gun loaded  with rock salt... now the burguler  is climbing through the shade drawn window.. as i aimed at him and waited for him to get all the way in the room .

once he was in i loaded the first round and fired hitting  him square in the chest...  loaded the second and hit him in the stomache... then then load the   third told him to get on the ground .. at this point he complied as i  noticed his blood was splattered on the walls an window behing him,

then grabbed the phone and called 911 and with in minutes there was 5 cop cars and 10 cops at  my home to say the least two at the back wino dow where this jeark entered. the cops took controll of the gun at that point of time and placed the robber under arrest..search him  and found gun on him..no wonder i  shot him. the cops  did a back ground  serarch and found out he was wanted on other robberies... the robber went to the hostpial taken care of, the doctors could not find any bullets ot buck shot... Gee i wonder why not.   but one  good  thing is besides he pain of  being shot.. the burning of the salt then being charged with the robbery  gun.. any one think he learnt a lesson?

Oldman

Good that it turn out ok on your end. Several years back (In the 70's) it did not go so sweet on my end.

tsquared

QuoteSeveral years back (In the 70's)
Uh, Raye, that'd be several decades back...
Where'd the time go, that's what I want to know.
T2

Kummok