Smoked Cheese Cold Smoked

Started by commonsense, December 28, 2008, 05:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonsense

It was 25 degrees yesterday here in Minnesota so I smoked some mozzerela cheese.  The temp never got above 55 degrees in the smoker.

I smoked it about an hour then vacuum sealed them.  I've read on here that about 10 days is good so I'll try that.

I also threw on two T-Bone steaks and cold smoked them during that time as well.  I wrapped those up in aluminum foil overnight.  I'll grill

them today. 

I hope everything turns out good. 

Commonsense

pensrock

I would say 10 days as a minimum, the longer the better. It all depends on how long you can wait.  :)

As for the T-Bones..... you better send them to me for closer examination.  ;) ;D

commonsense

Do you think I should keep it in the packages longer than 10 days?

Smoking Duck

Smoked cheese is like some fine wines...they get better with age.  I like a minimum of 2 weeks and have had some(that I've successfully hid from the family) in there a couple months.  The longer the better, IMO.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Quote from: commonsense on December 28, 2008, 10:15:31 AM
Do you think I should keep it in the packages longer than 10 days?

I've got some thats been in the fridge for about a month right now and looks fine!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

I would go at least two weeks if you can hold out that long. I opened a package that I did last sping a few weeks ago and it was great. I had it hid in the back of the fridge so no one could find it. And it worked, I even forgot about it but what a pleasent suprise.

commonsense

Thanks for all the advice.

Commonsense