Bradley givin me a shock!!!!

Started by smokeitall, December 27, 2008, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

With all the things I have been making my smoker ran for a total of around 56 hours in 5 days.  One of the days there was some heavy rain while I was smoking.  I had the smoker under the eave so it didn't see any direct rain.  It did get a little wet because it was also windy.  The last two pucks through were like mush and I had to take them out and put fresh ones in after cleaning the slide. 

Anyways the next day I was doing my last smoke and I adjusted the slider on my OBS and it gave me a shock.  The smoker seemed to operate just fine and I let it finish what I was smokin, I just used something other than my hand to move the slider.  Anybody have any idea what I did to it????  I am going to be hooking up all of my controls soon with PLC and Touch Screen so I won't have to touch the slider any more, but I am concerned that something will short out and burn up something inside the smoker.

Any ideas?

Mr Walleye

Because it still works I would think that it just got enough moisture on or in the area of the circuit board and you just grounded it by touching it. I would make sure you dry it out good, maybe even remove the face plate and allow the circuit board to dry out good, check connections, etc. Then give it another test run.

Sorry I can't help you out more.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Also make sure the outlet you are using is properly grounded, even better a ground fault circuit. I think all outside recepticles are supposed to be ground fault anyway, at least around here. If you were standing on wet ground thats not good either, maybe put down some kind of mat to stand on?

smokeitall

I think I just need to get it built into the garage so I don't have to worry about any weather related problems.