There are good people in the world

Started by westexasmoker, December 27, 2008, 02:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

I had'nt posted this yet with the holidays and did'nt want to bring anybody down.  Its been quite the interesting season for us....As ya'll know we had the new grandbaby put in the hospital the day before Thanksgiving, but with all the thoughts and prayers shes doing great!  But on Christmas Eve my daughter (in-law) car was stolen from right in front of their apartment of course along with the babyseat, I'm telling ya people will steal ya blind if they can....needless to say all were a bit p*ssed.  Filed the police report, called the insurance company all that fun stuff.  Heres the good part, the wife mentions that a gal she works with has an old Honda for sale, we give her a call and they want 1200 bucks and I ask if we can give them 600 now and then 600 next month (cash a little tight right now) anyway she says let her talk with her husband and she'd let us know.......So we wake up Christmas morning with a text message....The car is yours for 600, Merry Christmas!  Its nice to know in this crazy ***ked up world there are still good people out there that actually care!  Sorry for the long tale, I just thought I needed to share their kindness with ya'll!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

There are good people in the world, C.  I can surely attest to that.  I consider you one of them.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 27, 2008, 04:49:00 PM
There are good people in the world, C.  I can surely attest to that.  I consider you one of them.

SD

Same back to ya SD, along with the rest of our extended family here!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

You know how good you felt when you read that text message, I'm sure they felt even better for being able to help out. Its a good feeling when you are able to do something to help others out. I found that out countless times from being a volunteer firefighter, thirty plus years now.

seemore

Good to hear, WestTexas!  There are a lot of wonderful people in the world. 

smokeitall

Great story, it is nice to get a reminder once in a while that there are some good people left.  thanks for posting....

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

iceman

WOW WTS. That makes us feel good once again. Just when I think on giving up on most people I hear something like this. You made my day!  ;)

HCT

Thanks for a little ray of sunshine WTS. Nice story. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"