Virgin Smoke

Started by Caneyscud, December 30, 2008, 09:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

AT LAST!!!!!!  I was able to unpack her and take off all those encumbering pieces of cardboard, plastic, and foam!!  Ain't she beeyouteafull!!  That glistening black enamel, the cool touch of the shapely door, the slick shineyness of the new stainless interior, the warm penetrating gaze of the red LED's, the bubba pucks ready to do their thing, the probe at ready, the hickory pucks in place ready to impart their essence.  Oh what a feeling!!  Headiness!!!  Gleefully dancing through the rose garden!! 

I know many of you have one just like this, but I proudly proclaim that my Sophia is the most beautiful!  Just take in her beauty.  Look at those lines - so simple, yet so eloquent.  A little black dress comes to mind.  So fashionable, yet goes with everything.  So accommodating, just waiting my commands - so willing to war...... ummm  AHmmm... sorry too carried away there!

Primed and ready.  It warms my heart to see such willingness to please.  131 happily chugging on to the tender, succulent blissfulness of 190 deg pork butt.

Anybody ever seen such delicate smoke?  Oh what a thing of beauty, just knowing what that smoke is doing - sends chills up and down my spine - I've got goose pimples even now.  The tender caress of that wonderous sublimely delicious smoke.  The "taste" of that thin blue veil as it permeated past my moustache, into my peripheral olafactory organ, wistfully passing the vibrissae and teasing the olafactory nerve into sending pulses of olafactorial pleasure deep into my psyche.  The memory is lasting - I know I will, on some random night in the future, wake up in a cold sweat - with a tiny, wry, wistful, smile and my wife will wonder....hhmmmm

Look at what that smoke is doing to that meat, a picture of total peace - blissfully laying there, all spiced up, with pores open, innocently taking in all that woody goodness.  Taking in as much as it can, readying itself to rapturously please my perspicacious palate with it's resplendent, almost transcendent delightfulness!

Alas!  Sadly, but thoughtfully, no photos are allowed to show the fullness, the buxom curvaceousnous of the glistening goodness that was the result of that oh so right marriage of the tender caressess of thin blue smoke and willing red meat.  Nourishment is only a side note.  All I can show is the aftermath, the result of our craving, our carnivorous animal instinct, the sad emptiness of scratching our itch, nothing but the majestic throne of bliss and utter contentment!!!

Whew, I need a cold shower!!!

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

westexasmoker

Quote from: Caneyscud on December 30, 2008, 09:58:05 AM
Whew, I need a cold shower!!!

Very nice Caney!

I think I need one too!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Beginning to wonder if he aint a journalism student!

One suggestion Caney, When doing yardbird or other poultry open the vent atleast a 1/4 open to let the moisture out. Things could get ugly.(Black spots on your meat)
Quote from: Caneyscud on December 30, 2008, 09:58:05 AM

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mjack1957

Man, that almost sounded like a romantic experience with a woman! ;)

Mr Walleye

Nicely done Caney!  ;)

I got a good laugh outta that!  :D

I think everybody can relate to that first smoke!  ;) Come to think of it... does it ever change?  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Are you sure this post shouldn't have started with the words: "Dear Penthouse, You're not going to believe this but......"  :o

A great pictorial, however, I believe you shall go by the name "Shakespeare" instead of Caney.

Well done on the virgin smoke and heed 10.5's advice on opening the vent........it could get real ugly if you don't and then it'll be cuss words you'll be spewing instead of the wonderful, whimsical story you've told. 

It is a form of teasing when you take us all to the boiling point with pics and then nothing of the finished product.  Reminds me of my first date with my wife  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 30, 2008, 10:43:52 AM

It is a form of teasing when you take us all to the boiling point with pics and then nothing of the finished product.  Reminds me of my first date with my wife  ;D

I forgot!

okeejohn

Tell me about your accurite.

Okeejohn

Caneyscud

Okee,

Got it from Academy Sports at the last moment before a BBQ contest.  It was either $25 or $30 and seems to work fine.  Lost my instant thermometer that I normally used.  Only thermometer my Academy had on that day.  It has one probe and is wireless.  Has a remote that is good for 100 ft or so.  The remote keeps track of time and a timer.  It also has an alarm that goes off at the preset temperature on the main unit.  Wish it had a remote readout of the temperature though.  I wonder if the Maverick has the remote temp readout.  An alarm also goes off when the remote loses contact with the main unit.  I wish it had the dual probes as I like to know the cabinet temperature as well as the IT of my most critical piece of meat.  Weird thing about the contest - I couldn't use it stuck in my meat - I forgot that I was going to be using a 6 shelf rotisierrie smoker. 

Shakespeare

easyridinole

Awesome!  :D That sure is a different way of putting things. ;D
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

pensrock

Quotethe slick shineyness of the new stainless interior
Caneyscud,
You'll learn soon enough that the darker, more well seasoned the interior gets the better the food comes out. I applaud your excitement and the way you describe everything.  :)

QuoteBeginning to wonder if he aint a journalism student!

I must agree 10.5, I have never heard such enthusiasm over the first smoke before. Just wait till he does his first brisket or pork butt!  ;D

Caneyscud

Brisket is Thursday, I might need smelling salts after that!!!!  Brisket Q is in my mesquite flavored blood, growing up in Texas and all.  Learned low and slow long ago.  It is interesting though, that some of the hot talents on the Texas BBQ trail actually go high and fast - like 500 or so - but don't know the details. 

Shakespeare

Doctor Woody

It's good I ordered one of those "tissue trolleys" from the Man Show.  I had to use it after reading this story...

Doc Woody

josbocc

A truly moving and inspiring verse.  Elegant, yet simple..., sophisticated, yet down to earth.  Prose that can be enjoyed by anyone..., but only truly appreciated by the smoking world.  Kudos Caney!!!

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!