Habs Canadian Bacon and Breakfast

Started by josbocc, January 04, 2009, 08:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Hey All,

Did a bunch of Habanero Smoker's Canadian Bacon a couple of weeks ago (recipe available on Old's page).  In honor of WTS, I used Mesquite (OK the truth is I didn't have any Maple pucks), and it turned out absolutley awesome.  So good that I've got about 20 more pounds of pork loin curing for the next batch.

Here's a great, and easy, little recipe for breakfast using the CB.

Toast as many English muffins as you'd like.  One slice of cheese for each muffin, and two pieces of CB for each muffin.  Warm the CB, I used a frying pan with a touch of butter.  Take an egg, and beat it in a standard coffee cup.  Place cup in the microwave, and nuke for about 1 minute (careful, she might come over the rim of the cup if you go too long.)  Egg comes out in a nice round shape, one slice of CB on top, one underneath, and the cheese will melt itself on the egg.  Mc'D's has got nothing on these little gems, and they only take a couple minutes to prepare.

Off to rotate my pork loins..., 4 more days in the cure, then it's into the smoker.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Smoking Duck

Hey Jeff,

That does sound good.  My 10 year old son loves egg sandwiches before school.....the little trick in the microwave is how I make his (I use a small bowl, but same concept).  It's a huge time save as well as cutting down on the clean up time.

Definitely gonna have to give this a try next time I make up some CB.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Josbocc

I just had a few of those for lunch!  ;) Theya are great!

Another twist on this for a quick breakfast that we use while we're away fishing is we throw the Canadian Bacon in a frying pan, take a bun, throw a couple of slices of the bacon on, add a couple of slices of tomato, salt & pepper, and maybe a shot of ketchup. Simple, real fast and easy clean up while camping or staying in a cabin, plus you can get out on the water quicker.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

I had a similar breakfast myself.

Have another loin brining as we speak.  :)

josbocc

20 lbs. of loin into the DBS6 about 15 minutes ago.  My garage now smells nicely like Mesquite.  (Still haven't gotten my new order of pucks in..., found a Canadian friend on E-Bay that sells ten boxes of 48 pucks for about $135 U.S.)

With any luck my new slicer from Amazon will be in within the next two days, and I'll be enjoying some more Jeff's McMuffins over the weekend. 8)
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

pensrock

Pucks are still cheaper on Amazon. Buy three boxes of 48 get one box free + free shipping.
Works out to $11.95/box of 48.

The E-bay price is $13.50/box and I do not know if that includes shipping?  ???

josbocc

Pens,

Can you mix and match?  The guy on E-Bay did charge about $26 for shipping, but that still beat the price that I pay at Gander Mt., or directly from Bradley.  Plus, he let me order whatever combination that I wanted.

If Amazon let's you choose, then that's where I'll go from here.  Canadian Bacon's almost done..., about 10 more degrees on the IT, then it's time to tent foil ;D ;D

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Smokin Soon

Pensrock, could you post a link on that I did not find it.

Mr Walleye

SS

Although I'm Canadian and have never ordered from Amazon.com because of the brokers fees here is what I believe Pens is talking about. It is eligible for both the 4 for 3 promotion and the super saver shipping. I think you just keep adding the boxes of the flavor you want as long as they are all eligible for both promotions and priced at 15.89 a 48 pack. I'm sure Pens will be along to confirm this but the math works out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_2_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bradley+smoker+bisquettes&sprefix=bradley

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Exactly Mike. You buy 3 and get four plus free shipping. (At least in the states I'm not sure for my friends up north.) But I'm sure you can ask them.

Here is a link to the apple pucks
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Apple-Bisquettes-48-pack/dp/B000FK2DOG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231496215&sr=8-1

Just use the search at the top of the page and search for other kinds of pucks. Make sure they offer the 4for3 and are 48 pucks/pack. You will not see the free box discount till you are ready to check out, also while checking out is when you select the 'free super saver shipping'.
I have bought these probably 6 times now. The Jim Beam pucks are not part of the 4for3 promotion. I Tried.

deb415611

Quote from: pensrock on January 09, 2009, 02:23:05 AM
Exactly Mike. You buy 3 and get four plus free shipping. (At least in the states I'm not sure for my friends up north.) But I'm sure you can ask them.

Here is a link to the apple pucks
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-Apple-Bisquettes-48-pack/dp/B000FK2DOG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231496215&sr=8-1

Just use the search at the top of the page and search for other kinds of pucks. Make sure they offer the 4for3 and are 48 pucks/pack. You will not see the free box discount till you are ready to check out, also while checking out is when you select the 'free super saver shipping'.
I have bought these probably 6 times now. The Jim Beam pucks are not part of the 4for3 promotion. I Tried.

I also think the 4-3 applies to anything that is designated 4-3,  so you don't necessarily need to buy 4 boxes of pucks.  They take off the lowest priced item of the 4.   The Maverick ET-7 might be 4-3 also.