I'm really ticked off now........

Started by Oldman, January 07, 2005, 05:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

My download section got hot linked for DA 4.9 and in the past 37 days it has been downloaded 974 times. Sound like a lot? Well each download was  98.4 megs. That is a total of 95,841.6 megs of bandwidth just for that one item.

Good cotton picken deal I got much O Bandwidth. They were real stupid the way they set up the hot linking and we able to trace it back to them. It was a clearing house of one large GR link page.

For the moment I have broken all links in my download section for this game.I guess I will have to set up a protected area for the downloads, or set up a download blocker.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

YIKES[:0][:0]

The Internet: Great Bastion of Hitchikers...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Duck Man the sad part is there are four sites all of are from counties that bash the Good Ole USA. Not only that but I did some checking and they are hot-linking  to dozen or so sites. (No I don't *cough* hack, but information I can find out--sometimes [:D] )So tonight instead of working on our project I will be contacting these sites...what a shame. One of them is being hot linked  for a mod they host which is a 500 meg download...Yuck! If their traffic count is the same as mine we are talking about 487,000  plus megs in 37 days.... or about 50 gigs in a month. Talk about an addon billing at the end of a month.

People like these are the ones who generally find hacks for the game. They are the trash of the net gaming world. They could not hit Chit the dog left on the ground with there little parts without a hack in their pocket. Personally I call them nose pickers, or sometimes Little Dicks.

In BattleZone I was hated by game hackers. A friend *cough* named BlankMan had a way of dealing with them. He was not alone...I can't say for sure but I think Pinger of the KoV Clan put a hurting on them as well. In those days the game hackers ran from BlankMan.  There were also other honest game hack hunters in those days. If there is anything that gets me or BlankMan HOT--and I'm sure Pinger and the rest of honest gamers it is a game hacker and BW stealers.

In those days I was known as »ÂRF«Oldman. I was then a Walker and Turret Pilot. As a Walker I rated a 9.5 out of a 10. As a Turret I was the benchmark... I was the Ten. The only turret pilot who could ever challenge this claim is Pinger. Even then I think at best it would have been a even score. In fact, Pinger's Clan, the KoV gave me the logon of "OneBadAssTurret" and them<i> there</i> boys could shoot.  Sorry about the rant, but crap like this just brings up bad blood/ memories...

Now that I got that out of my system.... well almost, as I'm still somewhat hot.  I have this to ask of you...

<b>When are you going to post ALL of your recipes so I can add them to the list...so get off of your feathered butt and post them. Heh he he</b> [;)][;)][;)]

There are now 5 of us who are working on this project... Looks like its going to float like a boat!!!  Of course Chez is hiding LOL!!!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

birdboy

Alright I'm in the computer biz and your makin' me feel like a moron [:o)]

DA ?

I loved Battlezone, did you ever get into the second one?

I'd prefer to send them a smart bomb... or better yet, show up on their door step...  I put them in the same class as spammers...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">DA ?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

DA 4.9 is a mod for GhostRecon. It has some maps but basicly it is a weapons mod. The author of this mod is one very talented person. He originally made GRM 4.0, then GRM4.7, then GRM4.8 and the his last one brought it all together as DA 4.9.

GhostRecon is an older game and as such the sites that did host DA 4.9 for public download have now moved on. We all are waiting for GhostRecon 2 which hopefully will come out for the PC sometime this second quarter.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'd prefer to send them a smart bomb....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The thought has crossed my mind I've got to admit. However, (as I will expain below) to do so would run against my Clan's point of view. I will say this that BlankMan (see below) at times did <b>not</b>quite follow that point of view. Sometimes you just have to grap the bull by the horns.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I loved Battlezone, did you ever get into the second one?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes I did, but I did not like what they did to the Turret so I trashed it. There are a few still gaming BZ1 online but you need an updated "server.dat" file. The server.dat file no longer auto update as the base Activison server is no longer up.  If you ever want the current one let me know. I still game some BZ once in awhile.

In fact last week I got my butt handed to me in a Walker ver Bomber game. 6 bombers verse me and a one newbie walker LOL! At least the newbie did not bail on me. Got to give him credit of that. The map was Leap of Faith, and I don't use the rave unless some Bomber-Baby grabs the Comet. No one did that game so all I had was that single blast cannon. I got about 49 kills to 60 deaths... Not to shabby for an Oldman given the odds.

Any-Who if you still have the game and want to get it on some time just let me know.  BTW I run a Ventrilo (voicing) Server almost 24/7 and I can hook you up with that as well.

Back in the day I was a MechWarrior pilot. While I have gamed MechWarrior 4, it was MechWarrior 2 that got to me. My prize Mech was the Hellbringer. A fast 65 tonner with dual pulse lasers, a full rack on her, a couple of anti-missle sytems and twin auto-cannons. Add a few jump jets to her frame and she could fly. Her arms were small and hard to hit, and you can see by her leg size that legging her was tough to do. Not to date myself but at that time I had THEE v-card. A Voodoo with a whole 4 megs of ram---!

This is a picture of her I have kept all these years. I know the "adult" smokers here must by now think I'm nuts~~! What the heck...maybe I am. However, I'm not alone. Over the years I've game with and against Doctors, Lawyers, business men and just to many IT managers to speak of!

While I'm showing off pictures this one is a take off of my original gaming sig-pic.

When I was »ÂRF« (I'm the one who re-built that clan after Claw shut it down) our mission statement and practice was to give the 10-16 year old kids a reason not to hack out the game. We show them that game hackers, the file-boys, and cheaters could be beat doing it through honest methods.

We ran packet sniffers and grab the file boys' IP and then ban them from the game using  3rd party software. It worked.

I know you are wondering how we dealt with Dynamic IPs. It did not take us long to figure out that a person's ISP has a range for a given area of service. Plus the IP seldom change in the second Octet. We only had to deal with the 3 and 4th one. We would do a complete IP block on the last Octet of each IP grabbed.(0-255) So by the 5th time a file boy came in we would have his total range his ISP gave him. At that point a Dynamic IP could not even job the game. He was totally blocked. [:D]  

The exception was when a file boy learned how to spoof his IP. It was then that BlankMan would enter the picture. You mentioned a smart bomb...how about flashing someone's..... He would come right in through the game port. The first time he would only Video hack them. If they came back a second time he just flashed them...and you being in the business I know you understand what I'm talking about.

Next we set up a cross Clan secure posting board where several honest Clans came together to post and discuss the latest hacker and share the IP ranges we had.

There are a couple of kids today I still keep up with that are now adults who are doing well with their lives; one of them is my gaming web-master. He also is a McDonalds' Manager. The other one is in the USAF. Good looking kid, big as all out doors. His handle was Grizzly 1.  Ya we lost a few kids to the "dark" side, but I believe we won more than we lost.

Hope to see ya in a game some day.
Olds

Cold Smoke

Oldman= Captian Kirk- US Enterprise- Master of the Universe

Cold Smoke= Og (the caveman)-"Me smell smoke..."

Cold Smoke

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cold Smoke</i>
<br />Oldman= Captian Kirk<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hey, we may think a lot the same, but Olds & I are our own persons![:D][:D][8D]

And that's <b>SIR</b> to you Spock![:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

Hey, we may think a lot the same, but Olds & I are our own persons!

And that's SIR to you Spock!

Aye, Aye Captain! That is very logical.

birdboy

Wow!  Pretty intense, its pretty cool to see those skills used for 'good' and not being malicious ... of course unless one asked to turn on computer and only see a blinking cursor...

Ahh...Mechwarrior, I'd have to look and see if I ever got the second version, I was always into the games you could run in coop mode, it was fun running teams against missions, of course not many games allow you to do that now days.  I may have to dust off some of those games and see if I can get my skill up again so I can last longer than 10 seconds [:D]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ahh...Mechwarrior, I'd have to look and see if I ever got the second version<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well if you are going to run Mech2 you got to go find a Voodoo card or do more hack/ patching than you will care to do in order to get it to run on today's systems. (It was coded for Glide (sp) if I remember correctly.)

One of the games I really like is in Ghost Recon: Solo--pistols only on a very small map. Now that game is real up close and it gets very personal, quickly. If you got the system for it and the bandwidth one of the GR mods (HX 5) has 210 bots! If you are running a PIII or something under 1.6 your video lag will just kill ya. GR is processor intense not V-card intense.

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ahh...Mechwarrior, I'd have to look and see if I ever got the second version<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well if you are going to run Mech2 you got to go find a Voodoo card or do more hack/ patching than you will care to do in order to get it to run on today's systems. (It was coded for Glide (sp) if I remember correctly.)

One of the games I really like is in Ghost Recon: Solo--pistols only on a very small map. Now that game is real up close and it gets very personal, quickly. If you got the system for it and the bandwidth one of the GR mods (HX 5) has 210 bots! If you are running a PIII or something under 1.6 your video lag will just kill ya. GR is processor intense not V-card intense.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've kept a P350 with a MonsterII card in it for just that :)  I haven't finished GR, played some of it, not sure if I liked the control a whole team play or not.  I noticed that the 9800 Radeon didn't do much for that game.... but Farcry rocks with that card.  Still waiting for the AMD64 optimized version of that game to be released.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I've kept a P350 with a MonsterII card in it for just that :) I haven't finished GR, played some of it, not sure if I liked the control a whole team play or not. I noticed that the 9800 Radeon didn't do much for that game.... but Farcry rocks with that card. Still waiting for the AMD64 optimized version of that game to be released.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ok how much you want for the P350? J/K! GR single is nothing like Multi... not in the least way. In multi you are part of a team, or doing a Solo. Siege, teams, CTF there are so many types.

I really did not care for the single.  It was when I got into multi that the game came alive.

Voicing with your friends; laughing to tears at times, and then for the heck of it T/K your mates.... In HX5 there is a mod of "street" weapons. The weapons are rocks, knives, or a baseball bat. Oh the secondary on one of them is a chicken... talk about laughing until your sides hurt.  You hear in your head set someone yell out Chicken!!!! It does no damage but if you get hit in the center of your monitor it seems that you can only see a chicken's butt until someone kills ya... Just too. too funny.

Oh well, maybe we can get together some night... maybe a little coop  to start off with. I can supply you with the mods you will need.
Olds