Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Lq, it is unfortunate but the rescue shelters are swelling because of the amount of people that are loosing their homes. They are forced into rentals that do not want pets. The ones that tear my heart out are the mixed breeds that go to the animal shelter and do not get adopted. The rescue shelters for pure breed's are for now doing ok out here.

seemore

WTS. sorry mrs. meet you .
seemore

Smoking Duck

Having a little scare this weekend.  The smallest pup left seems to be having some problems.  I noticed it seemed he was having a hard time breathing last night so I swept out all of the pine bedding from the whelping box.  He was crying something fierce last night and didn't think he'd make it through the night to be honest.  I kept trying to get him to take Steeler's teet because he's now about half the size of the other pups but he wouldn't do it.

I stayed up with him until about 2 am watching and wondering if there was anything else I could do for him until I realized this is just nature's way.  Got back up at 5 am figuring he'd be gone by the time I checked on him and he's still kicking.  He isn't whining at all like he was last night and seems more normal.

Not sure if he'll make it or not, but I'm still pulling for him.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

Marc,

I hope the the poor little guy is going to be okay.  It must be tough just watching and waiting.  Sending good thoughts his way (and yours - get some sleep today).

Deb 

Smoking Duck

Thanks Deb.  The hardest part is not being able to do anything........but Steeler knows what's best and whatever happens will happen........that's nature's way I guess.  I don't like it but that's the way it's been working for a long time now.

Oldman

Damn... Susan is crying over these last postings... my eyes are not to dry either.
God Speed,
Mr. & Mrs. Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Smoking Duck

Well, unfortunately, the little guy didn't make it through.  I just went and checked on him about 10 minutes ago and he was gone.  It sure isn't easy even though I didn't get too attached to him but I sure liked that little guys spunk.  He was about half the size of the others but would always just shove himself in there to get some milk when he needed it.  The others seem to be doing fine and Steeler was none too happy with me taking that little one out of the enclosure.  It may be Mother Nature's way but it sure doesn't make it any easier  :'(

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Marc

I know how your feeling Ive been down that road before also
its not an easy thing.
The little guy has gone to a better place.

You take care and you have my sympathies on your loss

Brian

HCT

Sorry to heat this news. You did your best my friend.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

deb415611

Marc,

I'm so sorry.   :'(

Deb

westexasmoker

Sorry to hear Marc, but mother nature has her ways.....Hang in there buddy.

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Caribou

Marc,
so sorry to hear about your loss.  :'(
Carolyn

seemore

Aw, Duck, Mr. and I are so sorry.  Hang in there.
Mrs.

Mr Walleye

Sorry to hear that Marc.

It's hard to understand how Mothernature works. Doesn't always seem fair.

Hopefully the rest are doing well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!