Smoke generator

Started by HCT, January 11, 2009, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

How does one take it apart for cleaning. Maybe it's me, prolly is, but there has to be an easy way. With all the screws and knobs etc. I don't know if I want to attempt it.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

It's very easy, HCT.  If memory serves, there are 9 outer screws on the bottom of the smoke generator.  You don't need to unscrew the innermost screws (I'm trying to remember as I don't have a SG in front of me at the moment) Unscrew them and then lift the body from the components.  It's extremely hard to screw the SG up, IMO.  I try to do it at least 2 times per year.  It's amazing how fast the wood can collect in there.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll take mine apart and do a pictorial on what to do.  Lord knows, I've got the time.  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

SD, I just took a look and there are 8 outermost screws and 6 somewhat towards the inner space, 2 are in the center and 4 are off center.
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Take the outermost off......see if there's any resistance on taking off the shell.  If there is, find out where and remove the screw(s) causing it.  Believe me, my friend, if I can do it......anyone can do it.  There are wires inside, so just be a little careful.  If still uncomfortable, PM me and give me your number......I'll grab my SG and we can walk through it together.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

Thanks SD, I'm going to attempt it later on. Will keep you posted.
probably the biggest"

KyNola

HCT,
It opens like a clamshell.

KyNola