Turducken Roll w/ pics

Started by KyNola, January 18, 2009, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Looks great, Ky!  Thanks for the pictures, THIS TIME!!!  ;)

Smoking Duck

KY,

WELL DONE, my friend!  That looks awesome........better to have rolled a turducken and not be perfect than to have never rolled a turducken!  ;D  I commend you for your ingenuity!  Remember, when the food is all eaten, it all looks the same  ;D

Again, great job, KY (and tell Jan good job for helping you keep your turducken composure  ;D)

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

Thanks everyone.
Have some ideas on how to improve this but for the first try, I'm OK with the results.  The taste is really good, just a bit cumbersome to eat.  I am about to find out about thick slicing it and slapping it between 2 slices of bread for a sammich!  Come to think of it, I have some Bradley smoked white cheddar cheese that could go on top of that sammich before going on the panini toaster. 

Dang, I love Sundays!

Thanks for all of your encouragement and kind words.

Larry

La Quinta

Ky...mother of Marge....looks really great....well done for giving it a whirl....I'd be scared to death to try it!!! (I might now tho!!!) I've only had "purchsed" turducken....Good for you...  :)

KyNola

Thanks LQ,
I'm just off kelter enough to try something like this.  I will take another run at this with a couple of different twists on it.  Different stuffing, a bit more spicy seasoning, etc.

Forget to mention, you can most likely feed 8-12  people or so.  Weighed just north of 8 pounds!

KyNola

Doctor Woody

KyNola,

Thanks for sharing!  It looks mighty tasty and gives me some ideas for coming up with something out of the ordinary.  Especially when it would be smoked cooked!

I thought I could actually smell it, but in fact it's the poultry I am smoking right now.   ;D

cowgirl

That looks awesome KyNola!!  8)