Prime New York Strip Dinner

Started by Doctor Woody, January 19, 2009, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 27, 2009, 06:32:39 AM
Anybody ever done a whole New York Strip?  I was eyeing one at Sam's the other day.  They were less money than the whole rib eye. 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'

I have to check out Sam's, generally in my area both are about the same price; and that averaged about $9.00/lb. I have smoke/roasted them whole and they come out excellent. New York Strip Roast also goes by the name of Top Loin Roast.

Smoked Top Loin with Garlic-Herb Crust

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 27, 2009, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on January 27, 2009, 06:32:39 AM
Anybody ever done a whole New York Strip?  I was eyeing one at Sam's the other day.  They were less money than the whole rib eye. 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire

I have to check out Sam's, generally in my area both are about the same price; and that averaged about $9.00/lb. I have smoke/roasted them whole and they come out excellent. New York Strip Roast also goes by the name of Top Loin Roast.

Smoked Top Loin with Garlic-Herb Crust

Yeh, that's what I'm talking about!  Thanks Habs.  Only have had two experiences with strip steaks.  Got second at a contest with one using walnut oil and garlic and cilantro for a "rub".  But then the next time they were very tough.  I just think one done up like a prime rib oughta be good.  I think they were either 5.99 or 6.99 last Friday at Sam's.  And I believe they were bone-in.  Still a $60 chunk of meat though!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Habanero Smoker

The last time I smoked/roasted Top Loin I reduced the rosemary by 50% and increased the garlic. I liked that version better.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)