Brisket

Started by RockchalkJayhawk08, January 30, 2009, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockchalkJayhawk08

I am fairly new at using my Bradley so please bear with me boys...I have smoked probably about 10 to 15 slabs of 'baby back' ribs, but nothing else and every slab came out PERFECT...Tomorrow morning I'm going to try a 4lb. brisket and need to know how long and what's the best way to do it. I have rubbed the brisket down with my favorite dry rub and it's in the fridge getting yummy all night long. We would like to eat around 5 pm so if this small piece of meat needs to be finished off in the oven please include it's time and temperature.

Also it's winter here in KC, but tomorrow is going to reach about 58 degrees and I just can't wait until spring to fire up my Bradley so I guess you need to factor in the weather....My unit is on my screened in porch so there is literally no wind.  ???

all your help ASAP would really be appreciated.

www.PapaMikeT.com

Smoking Duck

Jayhawk,

I'd figure on about 1-1.5 hours per pound when smoking at 210F.  Take it to 190F and enjoy.  Weather should not be a factor at all unless you're opening the door alot.  Also, do a search on brisket.  Some fols will boat them and some won't.  It's up to you.

Good luck,

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum Jayhawk!

I think SD has got ya covered, 1 hour to 1.5 per pound...I've not done one that small, but low and slow is the key, and boat or not to boat is just how ya want to do it!  I'd say go with about 2-4 hours smoke then into the oven, and as duck said hit 190-200 pull and FTC!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Jayhawk;

Welcome to the forum.

This link is useful to anyone using the Bradley to smoke/cook a brisket.
WTS Brisket

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

commonsense

Do you have to FTC or can you eat it when its done?

I'm doing a brisket next week too.

Thanks,

Commonsense

HCT

Rock, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have those ribs down pat. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Quote from: commonsense on January 31, 2009, 06:52:09 AM
Do you have to FTC or can you eat it when its done?

I'm doing a brisket next week too.

Thanks,

Commonsense

You don't have to FTC it, but I like it better when I do.  At the very minimum, one should let it rest for at least 30 minutes, but that's just my opinion.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

The duckster is correct...FTC will just make it better!  I like to go 3-4 hours at least, it'll pull its juice back into the meat!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!